The Investment Thread (3 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like the SEC commissioner is going to get in the way of the squeeze event. In fact, it sounds like she is outright saying she wants it to happen, and those guys knew the risks they were taking with their positions.
Now I hope the DTCC doesn’t get in the way. Unbeknownst to many, but if you have a substantial investment in a stock that Citadel is long in.....maybe cash out soon or be prepared to buy the dip. They “Citadel” will need to liquidate just about everything if the squeeze happens.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Now I hope the DTCC doesn’t get in the way. Unbeknownst to many, but if you have a substantial investment in a stock that Citadel is long in.....maybe cash out soon or be prepared to buy the dip. They “Citadel” will need to liquidate just about everything if the squeeze happens.

Oh yeah, the entire market is going to take a dump. Hell, it already started two months ago. I think it is a part of what is taking so long with the squeeze; they're trying to manage it so that it doesn't shock the markets all at once.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the entire market is going to take a dump. Hell, it already started two months ago. I think it is a part of what is taking so long with the squeeze; they're trying to manage it so that it doesn't shock the markets all at once.

This seems overstated to me. The S&P trend line is pretty obvious, even with the squeeze-related volatility. The short-squeeze exposure seems to be pretty-well cabined and the mainstream markets are performing well. Earnings across a range of sectors are coming in strong and stronger than expected - bedrock companies.

Analysis from last week:

The sectors with positive earnings growth in Q1 include: Finance (+90.8% earnings growth), Technology (+22.5%), Autos (+204.9%), Retail (+42.9%), Medical (+19.8%), Basic Materials (+64.2%), Construction (+39.5%), Industrial Products (+25.0%), Utilities (+4.1%), and Consumer Staples (+7.1%).

The weakest earnings growth in Q1 is expected to come from the Transportation (-202.0% earnings decline), Consumer Discretionary (-35.5%), as well as the Energy (-18.9%) sector.

It makes sense that we would see some multiple compression if rates continue to rise and volatility events (such as something related to the whole short issue) could amplify that process but fundamentals are really strong (though not over-cooked).

Reaction score
#YourMoveSec is trending on Twitter. This is going to go from bad to worse if many of the stockholders of the naked-shorted stocks get so fed up with the system that after the squeezes they give the stock market a big middle finger and yank there money out completely afterwards.

So all their money goes out. And many institutional investors forced to liquidate.

At some point I think the safest thing is going to temporarily delist a number of stocks and just settle it right now. There is still more fuel being put on these rockets on a daily basis. There are precedents for doing this.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is freakin crazy. (Click the link in the tweet, otherwise it’s paywalled).

Terrence

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
#YourMoveSec is trending on Twitter. This is going to go from bad to worse if many of the stockholders of the naked-shorted stocks get so fed up with the system that after the squeezes they give the stock market a big middle finger and yank there money out completely afterwards.

So all their money goes out. And many institutional investors forced to liquidate.

At some point I think the safest thing is going to temporarily delist a number of stocks and just settle it right now. There is still more fuel being put on these rockets on a daily basis. There are precedents for doing this.

Yeah, they have no other way to earn morning. They might pull for a bit but it will not be long term. They made the bed with the squeezes may they lay in them. #thoughts&prayers

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seems to be a war at GME $180 and AMC $10.

Been the same sad story every Friday. It's all a battle based on putting options in the money our out, and the so-called Market Makers pretty much have firm control of the price action.

Reaction score
Been the same sad story every Friday. It's all a battle based on putting options in the money our out, and the so-called Market Makers pretty much have firm control of the price action.
B2AE11A4-5886-413B-A44F-B8F85A1A5F3A.jpeg
Yep. There is something they don’t like at that number.

Reaction score
60DF2067-FB5E-4538-942F-B0681A89057E.jpeg
AMC did it. Was a furious battle. What a final minute. I was watching 10.00 and 9.99 going back and forth into the final seconds.

Ended at 10.03.

Attachments

• AC39872F-37E8-4F30-9233-FC978A6CED19.jpeg
    AC39872F-37E8-4F30-9233-FC978A6CED19.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 3

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to the option game, and I have a question that I hope someone could answer. If it is a virtual certainty that AMC is going to squeeze at some point in the next several months, what would be the downfall of shaving off a few shares to instead load up on January 2023 $40 call options, which are currently trading at about $2 a pop?

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 157186
Yep. There is something they don’t like at that number.

Same for AMC, with that one being somewhere in the $13 to $15 range.

My working theory is that back in late January, after the buy halt fiasco played out, that that's about the range that they started naked shorting this thing into oblivion, so it is important to them to be able to keep those naked shorts in the green at all costs.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna like the chunk of XSD I bought. I don't plan to touch it any time soon.

You still holding XSD? The 1 and 3 year returns are really solid. Still like this as a core holding.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to the option game, and I have a question that I hope someone could answer. If it is a virtual certainty that AMC is going to squeeze at some point in the next several months, what would be the downfall of shaving off a few shares to instead load up on January 2023 $40 call options, which are currently trading at about $2 a pop?

The maximum downfall of any option is losing the price of the position.

The premise of the play would be that you think there's a reasonable chance that AMC is a >$40 stock in January 2023. It's never been a $40 stock and was hovering around $15 between 2017 and 2019. I don't know AMC's specific fundamentals but I understand the company to have large debt (though good management would be using this gift of short squeeze price action to restructure its debt) and in a sector with huge question marks about American consumer behavior post-pandemic.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You still holding XSD? The 1 and 3 year returns are really solid. Still like this as a core holding.

I think so. I can't get access to my binance account. And I can't transition to binance.us because it's also banned in Louisiana. My next step is to set up a vpn and give it a go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom