The Investment Thread (3 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All my disposable money is tied to yolo plays. But $COIN is starting to look pretty tasty.

Having just signed up for a Coinbase account I can see how they can generate a ton of revenue through fees.
Exchanges are the real winners

Reaction score
AMC rescheduled their share holder meeting. Was supposed to be today. If you own AMC please get your proxy number from your brokerage and register your shares. Same with GME. Every share (vote) counts.

This can help showcase naked shorting.

literature

All-Pro
Reaction score
AMC rescheduled their share holder meeting. Was supposed to be today. If you own AMC please get your proxy number from your brokerage and register your shares. Same with GME. Every share (vote) counts.

fidelity and vangurd still hasnt gotten theirs yet but should be soon

Reaction score
I opened an account on Coinbase on my IPad. I verified my account on my gmail, using the same device.

To place a buy, I need to register my phone number. Then, they will send a code via text. This code is then entered into my iPad to purchase a crypto.

Later, I wanted to access my account using my phone. This is the same phone that Coinbase sent a one-time secure text to provide a passcode to purchase crypto.

I tried logging into Coinbase using my phone and it was an unauthorized device. Instructions were to open my gmail to approve the device.

Using my phone I opened my gmail and authorized the device (my phone). I then got an immediate kick back notification that I must open my gmail account on the original device that I opened my account with to approve my new device (my phone).

- Just thought I’d share how intense this is while tossing beer money at something.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I opened an account on Coinbase on my IPad. I verified my account on my gmail, using the same device.

To place a buy, I need to register my phone number. Then, they will send a code via text. This code is then entered into my iPad to purchase a crypto.

Later, I wanted to access my account using my phone. This is the same phone that Coinbase sent a one-time secure text to provide a passcode to purchase crypto.

I tried logging into Coinbase using my phone and it was an unauthorized device. Instructions were to open my gmail to approve the device.

Using my phone I opened my gmail and authorized the device (my phone). I then got an immediate kick back notification that I must open my gmail account on the original device that I opened my account with to approve my new device (my phone).

- Just thought I’d share how intense this is while tossing beer money at something.
Yep, accidentally left my personal phone at home on a business trip, thought how and the heck can I play with investments? My IPad! It Is synced with all my accounts.....Wrong!

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I personally think AMC was told to stand down on this by someone.

I also found the company's statement to be quite interesting in terms of wording. "Millions of current individual shareholders," makes it clear what message they wanted to send out. There are only 450m shares in the float, about 100m of which are owned by institutions and insiders, not leaving much room for there to be enough shares for there to be "millions of current individual shareholders."

Perhaps some light will be shed during Thursday's earnings call, which was bumped up by one month.

Attachments

• original_324940784.jpg
    original_324940784.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 2

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Coinbase doesn't support the coin I was interested in, so I looked into how to acquire it. First, I needed a wallet (no examples were given though ... obviously whoever wrote this also writes help for Linux, assuming a newbie knows way more than they actually do). So I independently researched wallets, found a couple, tried to figure out which one to use and settled on one somehow.

Then I was like, great! How do I buy [meme]coin or whatever?
- Oh, you can't do that with a wallet, the wallet is just where you store stuff, dummy! You buy crypto from an exchange.
Ok - what exchange?
- Well, XyzExchange is popular and trustworthy.

*Sign up on XyzExchange, go through verification, submit my driver's license (front and back), wait a few hours, connect up my bank account, authorize stuff with Google Authenticator, sign over my first born son*

All setup! Where do I buy the crypto?
- Oh, we don't support users from your state, so you can't buy with this exchange, but thanks for all your info!

*Researches more, finally finds an exchange that'll work in Texas*
*Registers, verifies, e.t.c*

Okay I'm here ... where do I buy the freakin' crypto?
- Right over here!
Ok, here's my card info.
- Oh, goodness me, we don't take money. You have to go to this 4th party site to handle fiat transactions and they'll send your tokenized money to us, minus a fee, and then you can exchange it for a different token that we'll send to your wallet on that other service!
...Is there no other way?
- Well, do you use ABC Bank?
Yeah
- Good news! You can just do a transfer to our bank account - here are the steps.
OK, cool. That should be cheap.
- By the way, did I mention you can only do a wire transfer? We can't do ACH.
But that's $30. I only want to dip my toes in for $50. It's going to cost $80 to get you $50, with which I can only buy $45 worth of crypto after your fees?
- Yessir!

I ended up using Simplex to charge my card and send it to my wallet. I could have used Simplex from my wallet app, but there were some hidden fees compared to just going to Simplex's site, so I did that instead.

What a freakin' fragmented hassle. And I'm no techno newb or anything.

Oh! And then I was looking for a newer ponzicoin to jump into from the beginning and found one. No sweat! I've gone through this process.
What exchange are you on?
- Exchange? We're not on any exchange.
Well, how to I buy some?
- You have to buy that other coin, over there, plus a transaction fee. Then you can convert that coin into our coin. Plus a transaction fee. So simple!

Last edited:
OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As much as I utilize AMZN, it would be nice to own at least one share.
Unless this 1year target estimate is actually realistic, that ship may have sailed. But AMZN does this lately.. stays in a holding pattern for a while... Been flat/choppy for most of the year.

1620223805525.png

Kegger

Up North
Reaction score
Yeah AMZN had a big run at the start of Covid, I'm guessing that investors are expecting AMZN revenue to come down once people start going back to brick-and-mortar stores (hence the holding pattern for the last year). I wouldn't be surprised if it kicks the slump soon though.

Kegger

Up North
Reaction score
Who’s going to tell him?
Well yeah, I think consumer behavior has had a permanent shift towards online shopping from Covid (and the trend was already there over the last decade+), which is why I think we'll see AMZN start kicking back up once investors see that trend continue after there are no more blockers for in-person shopping.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think consumer behavior has had a permanent shift towards online shopping from Covid (and the trend was already there over the last decade+), which is why I think we'll see AMZN start kicking back up once investors see that trend continue

Bingo.

This was the way things were going prior to the pandemic, and Covid accelerated the trend, put it on steroids, and i dont see any way it’s going back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

•  

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom