The Investment Thread (17 Viewers)

Conversely, I also wonder what would happen if the GameStop execs issued a forward stock split. Wouldn’t that essentially double the amount of stocks sold short?

It would in a sense, but, that's not gonna happen. To be clear, it depends on the ratio of the split. A split results in more shares outstanding at a lower price, while a reverse split results in fewer shares outstanding at a higher price. It could be a 1:2 or 1:5 split or vice versa.

Stimulus/Relief bill passed the Senate. I hope everyone bought what they could during the sell-off.

At what point will free money and the de-valuing of the dollar be viewed as a negative for the market. You already hear rumblings of it. While there may be initial cheering, that sentiment could take a turn in the other direction quickly.

Watching an old (ancient?) episode of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson from January 1981 (with guest Bum Phillips) on something called Antenna TV... it made me think of this thread, becuase at one point in his monologue , he referred to the stock market having a brutal day becuase it had dropped 24 points (not a typo)... THEN he went into the joke.. the part about it dropping 24 pts wasnt intended to be funny, that actually was considered a really bad day, back when the market probably topped out at like 1500 or something, compared to 30,000 today.

14A0160C-288C-424E-82BB-5F2703A44251.jpeg

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure the relief bill has been pretty much priced into the market. I still think relatively speaking, the market is still overvalued and a minor reset/correction is actually likely.
Treasury rates are slowly creeping up. Inflation to follow. People slowly pulling their cash out ATM. Once the pulling out hits a certain level, it will be a sudden free fall. We’ll see. Not confident the market (overall) bounces up just off of the stimulus money.

Started shopping today in the tech sectors. Brought about 10% off the sideline that I've been sitting on for some time. Kind of my starting off point on dollar cost averaging if the tech sectors continue to go down.

Started shopping today in the tech sectors. Brought about 10% off the sideline that I've been sitting on for some time. Kind of my starting off point on dollar cost averaging if the tech sectors continue to go down.

What picks are you thinking?

Part of me feels like $AMC is a sleeping giant. I keep wanting to buy it, but haven't yet. The stock price should rise again once the vaccines are widely distributed. Aside from that, imagine how much the stock price would go up if one of these blue chip companies (Amazon, Disney, Netflix, etc.) wanted to supplement their streaming services with theatrical releases by aquiring AMC on the cheap...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom