The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

Yes, I regret not buying doge a while back, but i feel like i missed the boat. My thought is to wait on the next pullback and buy some of these minor ones. I've already got a little BTC and ETH, so i figured i'd expand to throw a little cash at the really speculative ones.

Maybe we should start including NBA Top Shots in the investment thread? Talk about speculation.
FWIW, I think this is a bit pie in the sky...ok a lot of pie and sky, but I've also read a few years back that .2 BTC in a few decades will put you in the top few percent of BTC owners.

FWIW, I think this is a bit pie in the sky...ok a lot of pie and sky, but I've also read a few years back that .2 BTC in a few decades will put you in the top few percent of BTC owners.

I think it is somewhat. Though i'm thinking there are also some things that could, for example, overtake ETH. I'm not saying it's something worth throwing a ton of money at, but if you're investing in crypto, maybe throw 20% of your totally crypto investments into these types.

Interesting stuff in that article, thanks for posting... i bought a small fraction of BTC a couple months ago; just this morning, after a few down weeks- it’s now back up to slightly higher than what i paid.. if that article is correct, i may increase my position a little more, then literally not check my Coinbase account (except to buy more stocks i cant get on eTrade)- for another 5 yrs... then see how “rich” it makes me in another 5 yrs after that.

BTC seems to me like the ultimate ‘buy and hold long term’ thing... It’s like if you could hop in a time machine, go back a few hundred years and invest in the American dollar, literally own *money*, or *currency*- it’d be a complete no-brainer to do so.

Woo Hoo! I am closing in on that 0.2 BTC...but at this rate of growth, I am not sure I will get there
I'd have a bit more than that, but I moved much into some alt coins years ago. Should have just held it, but the alt's might yet make something of themselves.

I briefly thought I should buy a whole BTC when it was around 2k. If I had, it would be worth around 2$ each now tho so y'all are welcome.

I'd have a bit more than that, but I moved much into some alt coins years ago. Should have just held it, but the alt's might yet make something of themselves.

I briefly thought I should buy a whole BTC when it was around 2k. If I had, it would be worth around 2$ each now tho so y'all are welcome.
You sir are a scholar AND a gentlemen. We appreciate your goal to only crush values of things own by falcon fans.

Crypto about to crash. Every time it becomes so mainstream my dad starts asking me how to invest it means it's time for a crash. Just my .02btc on the subject. I'm not talking about in the next hour or two but in the next month or two it's going to get crushed. Also not saying it doesn't mean it isn't a good long term investment, I really have no clue about it's long term capability of becoming a more widely used currency. I just know the last two times he got interested in buying it got slaughtered shortly after.

Crypto about to crash. Every time it becomes so mainstream my dad starts asking me how to invest it means it's time for a crash. Just my .02btc on the subject. I'm not talking about in the next hour or two but in the next month or two it's going to get crushed. Also not saying it doesn't mean it isn't a good long term investment, I really have no clue about it's long term capability of becoming a more widely used currency. I just know the last two times he got interested in buying it got slaughtered shortly after.

I read something about uranium as being the next big thing way down the line. I don’t have any holdings but I’d like to do more research on it.

I'm not saying it wont go back up or it's a bad investment. Just saying it's probably about to get hammered in the short term. I adore the idea of bitcoin but I also realize how much money is fighting it and how many alternatives there are that could work against it as well.

I'm not saying it wont go back up or it's a bad investment. Just saying it's probably about to get hammered in the short term. I adore the idea of bitcoin but I also realize how much money is fighting it and how many alternatives there are that could work against it as well.

Yeah I wasn't implying that's what you meant, just that you're right that crypto will likely crash again after its current run (and that the crash likely won't matter much in a few years).

I'm extremely long on it. I do hold some solace in the fact that regulations are coming as well as the allowance for banks to act as exchanges. I also feel like it's a better alternative to gold. Simply because gold is a useful and finite metal. So as you change from it as a hold of wealth into a pure commodity, I think it's long term good for society. Especially given how much we're going to need once the space race really gets going.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom