The Investment Thread (10 Viewers)

GME been on the rise again.. $242 at the time of this post.
Finished at 246. Hedge Funds are still buying shorts. Despite that there are not “real” shares anymore.

Just spit balling. But I bet HFs are heavily lobbying for some regulations or something. They keep kicking the can the road buy creating imaginary stocks to short. This may balloon the squeeze (if it happens) to even greater heights.

GME’s ER is 3/23. My guess is it will run up some more until then. I wonder why they are not doing a secondary offering. Ryan Cohen just announced on Monday that they are forming a new committee to transform it into a technology company. This would be a good time for an offering.

$GME continues its steady incline

Im up $15 on my 6 shares of AMC, looks like I will be able to pay my mortagage off sooner than later....to the moon ;).
I was debating about loading more in a few days ago, but decided not to. I think I got like 10 shares for fun a month or so ago, after the initial pop wore off and it dropped back to reality. But, at some point, if they survive, AMC will be doing better in the next 6-12 months.

Im up $15 on my 6 shares of AMC, looks like I will be able to pay my mortagage off sooner than later....to the moon ;).
I bought some aggressive calls yesterdat morning, already doing well. Really just a risk/reward play. The fundamentals of AMC couldn't be much worse short term and long term. I do think they will have a 1-2 year boom pent up demand and pent up supply of movies hit but the long term theatre industry has been on decline for a while now. The short term, people don't want to go to movie theatres with covid to see second rate movies. There is simply too much money being invested into digital streaming and attracting subscription base with big blockbusters is too attractive to ignore.
$GME continues its steady incline
Yup, just bought a ton of $8 put options.

I"m probably going to sit on the sidelines for a little bit here (I think like 15-20% of my IRA is cash now).. I'm still mostly out of PBW now. I want to see where Green energy goes in the next month. I think the recorrection may not be quite over. A lot are up today, but I"m not buying it yet.

I'm out of DFS and DAL for now, for different minor reasons, but the main reason is that they either fully recouped their pre-pandemic price, or are near it. Also, with airlines, I'm sort of over exposed due to HEI anyway. But, AAL, to me, is the one that still has running room, but, they're not the best run airline by any stretch. I can get behind DAL and LUV a lot easier, but there isn't much room to grow there. I think their prices are pre-baked with returns to more mainstream flying soon.

CCL is an area I might add more into, but I'm leaving it alone with what I have there for now, until something more positive signals.

I might dump more into the S&P500, since sitting in cash isn't all that helpful long term. But.. I'm not sure the 'frothy' behavior is over yet.

I bought some aggressive calls yesterdat morning, already doing well. Really just a risk/reward play. The fundamentals of AMC couldn't be much worse short term and long term. I do think they will have a 1-2 year boom pent up demand and pent up supply of movies hit but the long term theatre industry has been on decline for a while now. The short term, people don't want to go to movie theatres with covid to see second rate movies. There is simply too much money being invested into digital streaming and attracting subscription base with big blockbusters is too attractive to ignore.
Yup, just bought a ton of $8 put options.
Disney / MCU will dictate the movie theater market, in my opinion. If Black Widow is a go in May, it's good news. If they push back to fall, ouch. But then Fall can be loaded up.

I just noticed on the "Cash App" you can throw 'x" amount of dollars at $GME, IF you don't want to go all in. Not going to get rich but pocket change is pocket change.

Disney / MCU will dictate the movie theater market, in my opinion. If Black Widow is a go in May, it's good news. If they push back to fall, ouch. But then Fall can be loaded up.
Disney+ is also Disney's cash cow.

Regardless, the optimism is that the theater industry will go back to what it was prepandemic. In AMC's case, the stock is worth more now than it was prior to taking on debt loads greater than the companies total value after being shut down for a year and AMC did several massive secondary offerings along the way. So for AMC's current price is simply a game being played and has nothing to with actual company or stock value. Same thing with GME. At $2/share stuff like Black widow and vaccine numbers mattered.

👀

D1JmliV.png

Trading was halted...

Last edited:
what exchange are you using?

Coinbase. Apparently when I researched them the article actually linked to a guy's referral link. It's cool b/c after I put $100 of my money in there I received $10 in BTC. That was cool. I'll gladly give a referral link to anyone. Also, the training sessions in Coinbase allow you to earn about $32 in different coins just by learning about them.

Disney+ is also Disney's cash cow.

Regardless, the optimism is that the theater industry will go back to what it was prepandemic. In AMC's case, the stock is worth more now than it was prior to taking on debt loads greater than the companies total value after being shut down for a year and AMC did several massive secondary offerings along the way. So for AMC's current price is simply a game being played and has nothing to with actual company or stock value. Same thing with GME. At $2/share stuff like Black widow and vaccine numbers mattered.
True, but if you listen to Disney's earnings calls and CEO statements, they really really really don't want to put Black Widow on Disney+, even with the exclusive pay release like Mulan.

I'm thinking it will be a signal.

But the rest you mention is true, and likely the eventual reality.

But, people really blow off debt. We'll see what the sentiment is down the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom