The Investment Thread (5 Viewers)

Crypto definitely had a run leading up to the COIN IPO. ETH (among others) also hit a new all time high.

Saw this on Twitter. Value of investment if you put in $1000 five years ago. (Didn’t fact check).

Ethereum: $273,716
Bitcoin: $148,194
Shopify: $41,662
AMD: $28,639
Etsy: $26,388
Nvidia: $17,071
Tesla: $14,975
PayPal: $7,101
Amazon: $5,530
Netflix: $5,050
Apple: $4,799
Microsoft: $4,670
Salesforce: $3,055
Google: $3,016
Facebook: $2,803

Saw this on Twitter. Value of investment if you put in $1000 five years ago. (Didn’t fact check).

I seriously wanted to put $10k in NVIDIA and AMD 5 years ago...ugh.

What’s nuts is doge coin. Up 63x just in the last year. I wish I knew that just a year ago. When this GME thing ends maybe I’ll go crypto.

Yeah I was looking hard at AMD when it was 2$. Just didn't have the spare funds...

Also, about a year late on ETH, but it's almost 10x in the acct right now and I'm gonna let it ride.

I only got Tesla, a little over 5 yrs ago, but didnt even invest $1000... :-(

I have none of the others, at least none that i got into before the past year.. I’m so depressed... GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD ! :)

I only got Tesla, a little over 5 yrs ago, but didnt even invest $1000... :-(

I have none of the others, at least none that i got into before the past year.. I’m so depressed... GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD ! :)
I've worked at one of those companies listed for the last 10 years, so that's been a fun ride.

There are always new investing opportunities coming up though. Sometimes you just gotta trust your instincts if you like what an up-and-coming company is doing and they have a sound business model.

COIN back down to $326... maybe worth buying a couple shares before it absolutely blows up?
I'm struggling to think of why I'd buy Coinbase stock rather than just buy BTC or ETH. Of course, I have a retirement plan with professionally managed funds where my serious mkt exposure lies. I just let them figure out how to best allocate that. I just see a higher potential in the coins since Coinbase is at IPO and I worry about it crashing quite a bit due to the euphoria around the last 1/4 numbers.

I'm struggling to think of why I'd buy Coinbase stock rather than just buy BTC or ETH. Of course, I have a retirement plan with professionally managed funds where my serious mkt exposure lies. I just let them figure out how to best allocate that. I just see a higher potential in the coins since Coinbase is at IPO and I worry about it crashing quite a bit due to the euphoria around the last 1/4 numbers.

Im thinking that a good reason to buy is b/c Coinbase is the easiest, and i believe the most popular way to buy ETH and BTC... kinda like if you went back a hundred years or two, and could invest in actual US currency , would be like buying BTC or equivalent today.. a no-brainer.. yet being able to buy shares in say, JP Morgan Chase , or whatever it was called back then, would be akin to bring Coinbase today and would also be a pretty good investment.

Im thinking that a good reason to buy is b/c Coinbase is the easiest, and i believe the most popular way to buy ETH and BTC... kinda like if you went back a hundred years or two, and could invest in actual US currency , would be like buying BTC or equivalent today.. a no-brainer.. yet being able to buy shares in say, JP Morgan Chase , or whatever it was called back then, would be akin to bring Coinbase today and would also be a pretty good investment.
Market cap of coinbase is already valued close to many of the big banks.

DogeCoin is nuts. Wow. Up 54% in 24 hours.

Five years ago it was $0.00024. If you put$1,400 into it five years ago you would have just over 1 million dollars

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom