The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There is a lot I don’t understand. Another big date is July 16. With 30 million puts on GME down at 0.25 to 50 cents. I don’t know what that means.

I think those were just speculation purchases from months ago. Lottery plays. They cost $.01 each, so $1.00 per contract, and I am guessing the odds of hitting on that are not much different than winning the lottery, so months ago, they were probably worth the roll of the dice. Worst case scenario, the stock tanks but nowhere near those amounts, but you're able to sell them for $.02 a share, so $2.00 each, for a short time and get 100% return.

It looks silly today obviously.

Once again though, there is incredibly high open interest there with little volume, so that tells me that it is actually banks and institutions that decided that the risk was worth the relatively small gamble at one point, and obviously, they're now stuck with the clearly bad contracts.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Both GME and AMC have turned up together all of a sudden. Interesting.

With how this stock tends to behave on Fridays though, this very well could just be a bull trap, to try to frustrate people and tempt them to take profits before the weekend by raising the price then starting a price drop procedure during power hour.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just shed one January call to buy ten $70 June 18th calls. Worth the relatively small $2,500 roll of the dice I figure. Lots of tea loves pointing to some craziness set to happen next week.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Just shed one January call to buy ten $70 June 18th calls. Worth the relatively small $2,500 roll of the dice I figure. Lots of tea loves pointing to some craziness set to happen next week.
Sure hope it happens next week, the following Monday I am on a plane for half the day and that gogoair internet sucks.

Reaction score
Just shed one January call to buy ten $70 June 18th calls. Worth the relatively small $2,500 roll of the dice I figure. Lots of tea loves pointing to some craziness set to happen next week.For GME I see June 21 to 28 as a big week. New CEO on the 21st (and probably his first speech)
For GME. Tons of potential catalysts for the week of June 21-28
  • New CEO Jun 21 and likely his first speech
  • Announcement of share offering completed
  • Hint of what GameStop will do with more than 1.5 billion in recently raised capital
  • Big week for T+21 delivers
  • Call options for June 25 and June 28.
    Edit- somehow I messed up your quote.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sure hope it happens next week, the following Monday I am on a plane for half the day and that gogoair internet sucks.

Not sure how the timing is going to potentially work, but my only worry there is that is the expected date for SR-NSCC-2021-002 to be approved, which very well could trigger immediate margin calls, if approved as expected.

Again though, I don't know if that approval is going to come in the morning or after hours though.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For GME. Tons of potential catalysts for the week of June 21-28
  • New CEO Jun 21 and likely his first speech
  • Announcement of share offering completed
  • Hint of what GameStop will do with more than 1.5 billion in recently raised capital
  • Big week for T+21 delivers
  • Call options for June 25 and June 28.
    Edit- somehow I messed up your quote.

Certainly feels like everything could be coming to a head soon. I already get the sense that the media is starting to lay down the groundwork for the blame game.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And, of course... Jersey plates.

edit: And I don't know if that's really expensive advertising, or if someone made a ton of money and is bragging. My guess is the first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Certainly feels like everything could be coming to a head soon. I already get the sense that the media is starting to lay down the groundwork for the blame game.
3B6DE88F-E86C-4C66-8B36-306B7527CF5F.jpeg

It’s absolutely started. Melvin Capital, who openly published which companies they were trying to bury so other HFs could jump in are the “victim”.

Edit, article says they lost 6 billion since May. SO FAR

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 158521

It’s absolutely started. Melvin Capital, who openly published which companies they were trying to bury so other HFs could jump in are the “victim”.

Edit, article says they lost 6 billion since May. SO FAR

That's sick.

So because they got caught in a bad short bet, and some would say a sinister short bet, they're now the victim because people recognized what they were doing and bought the stock?

There are countless situations where institutions have caught each other in bad short bets, but now that it is retail recognizing it and figuring out profit from it, it's a problem.

The only ones they have to blame are themselves and their own risk management protocols, trying to be greedy and take advantage of others' misfortunes while our nation was in the midst of a global pandemic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom