The Investment Thread (11 Viewers)

More than half a million shares of GME were borrowed to short this morning at 7:16 am.

On a stock with unsettled naked shorts. They are borrowing over 500K more shorts. That’s more than 2% of the float in one morning to put that in perspective.

Nothing about this stock has made any sense in over a year.
7787F1CC-AE42-47CB-B933-2EAF14EB922C.jpeg
You can see right where they unloaded those shorts. In real time this was almost a 90 degree down turn. 180 remains a big deal for them.

180.01. lol

Mood.

79ee23fd92bb12e1c9581af54cd221c7.gif

If you know, you know.

Mood.

79ee23fd92bb12e1c9581af54cd221c7.gif

If you know, you know.
Major hit today for those short on AMC, Koss, and GME. Today was T-21. Something about having 21 days to actually deliver the shares.

Hedgies will find away to keep fighting and shorting. Hopefully tomorrow’s losses are just -5% or so. They gonna P'Oed.

Now would be a great time to drop some awesome company news after hours.

Major hit today for those short on AMC, Koss, and GME. Today was T-21. Something about having 21 days to actually deliver the shares.

Hedgies will find away to keep fighting and shorting. Hopefully tomorrow’s losses are just -5% or so. They gonna P'Oed.

Also think next week's share count release for AMC is a big deal (which will reveal that there are shares out there to the tune of multiple times the true float), along with all the new policies in place from the DTCC, OCC, SEC, etc.

Exciting times.

The walls are collapsing on the shorts from every angle.

...if the share count release next week reveals a massive amount of naked/synthetic shares that were used to short (which we know for sure there were), then now you're talking legitimate criminal activity and investigations launched. So with that in mind, hedge funds have every reason in the world to get that cleaned up prior to next week, and I think that explains a lot of this week's price action.

Probably best to buy the dip.. Even taking the markets and inflation out of the equation, now- and throughout the rest of 2021 IMO- is a terrible time to buy a home... It’s maybe the most one sided seller’s market in a generation, and in any place that’s even remotely desirable to live, agents are currently getting multiple offers well over asking price... I am not one of those who always professes to know that ‘this bubble has got to burst’- but i do think there’s a good *probability* of it bursting.. my best guess is it’ll happen late in 2021, or in 2022.. so best to stay on the sidelines for now, in my most humble estimation.
Agreed. That said, supply in the housing market is still really tight. Lumber prices are stupid. So I think it's gonna take some time to unwind all of that before the balance gets back to somewhat normal. I've been wanting to buy myself, but I'm probably gonna wait another year.

I just bought on the FL panhandle and we closed on 30 April. The market is stupid. We were outbid on 4-5 houses and that's with going over asking price. We finally won a bid that was $25K over asking, but $200-300K less than what we were previously bidding on. Not dealing with a mortgage in that range will be nice. I've moved every year except 2014 since 2011 and I was just ready to finally put down some roots somewhere. If the market adjusts, that's okay, I don't plan on moving anytime soon and if I do, we'll probably just keep the house in FL.

Last edited:
Probably best to buy the dip.. Even taking the markets and inflation out of the equation, now- and throughout the rest of 2021 IMO- is a terrible time to buy a home... It’s maybe the most one sided seller’s market in a generation, and in any place that’s even remotely desirable to live, agents are currently getting multiple offers well over asking price... I am not one of those who always professes to know that ‘this bubble has got to burst’- but i do think there’s a good *probability* of it bursting.. my best guess is it’ll happen late in 2021, or in 2022.. so best to stay on the sidelines for now, in my most humble estimation.
91737AC0-2393-4D09-BABC-2A7B40E541F5.jpeg

This is only 12.5% yoy. The lower end 400s-500s are closer to 20-25%. I could walk away with 100k for my house 3.5yrs after purchase with almost nothing put into it. The problem, I’d now be a buyer who has to downsize to purchase in a rental market that’s still expensive.

My brother is selling his house and renting until he finally wins a bidding war because “there’s too much money to be made.” Louisiana is a different market and I wish him well. With his a wife and 2 kids, I don’t know that I would be so bold.

This is only 12.5% yoy. The lower end 400s-500s are closer to 20-25%. I could walk away with 100k for my house 3.5yrs after purchase with almost nothing put into it. The problem, I’d now be a buyer who has to downsize to purchase in a rental market that’s still expensive.

My brother is selling his house and renting until he finally wins a bidding war because “there’s too much money to be made.” Louisiana is a different market and I wish him well. With his a wife and 2 kids, I don’t know that I would be so bold.
FB46B031-FB3A-4D67-88D8-06CB84E74E34.jpeg
This is what I’m dealing with here in just Kitchener Ontario. Adjusted for USD it’s over 700K for this thing. Unbelievable. Houses sold in December are already being relisted and going for an additional 100K.

Could be go time. Decide if you want a stop loss. They will have a rough idea on how many stop losses are out there and at what price. The hedges may try for a short crash and lead it into a gamma crash (ala GME on March 10).

its all over. New home construction is virtually 6-8 months out and from the builders i speak to, they said that they now include in contract the "variable" pricing. One builder ( i play tennis with ) said plumbing fixtures--- he can get a tub fixture, but the shower/sink are like 90 day back order. So matching items is a nightmare. toss in lumber price volatility, and if you are building, there is no "fixed" cost. So people flock to houses for sale.

The home behind me built same time as us...2019. Built for $429,000- selling for $559,000 3100 sq ft. We both built for around $155-160 sq ft. He selling at $175 sq ft. 18 months later. The issue is, there is no "rental market" around here because there all occupied, and IF you find, you pay out the nose. Then, if you FIND something you want, you are still paying more than the home worth now, and when the market cools down, you will be upside down if you dont roll ALL your equity from sale into new place. If you do, you are basically back to where you were before move. So unless location is the reason, there is really no reason.

And the folks buying are YOUNG. IDK how you saddle yourself with a $2000-$2800 note for a home that 4 years ago was $1600-$2200 note.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom