The Investment Thread (19 Viewers)

At the hearing today:

Big banks “We have done a tremendous job supporting small and big companies during this time”

Also big banks: We have shorted the economy so much that we will likely need a bail out.

I hate the financial system.

Could be go time. Decide if you want a stop loss. They will have a rough idea on how many stop losses are out there and at what price. The hedges may try for a short crash and lead it into a gamma crash (ala GME on March 10).

Yeah...the problem here is that the enemy has access to stop loss data.

LOL update on my neighbor i posted just above- Went on Realtor.com on Saturday....$559,000. Sale pending as of this am.

its a friggen free-for-all on existing homes.

Oh, and....

200w.gif

Time to sell AMC or is it actually headed "to the moon" this time?

Time to sell AMC or is it actually headed "to the moon" this time?

I am holding. Won't even consider skimming until it is beyond $40, and even then, I would only move off of some of my June calls, since those have an expiration and will quickly depreciate if a sudden reversal starts.

I won't touch any shares or September/January calls until $500+.

:::I am not a financial advisor:::

I’m holding for a number that doesn’t look big to me. I’m holding towards a number that looks big to them.

Risky though.

Personally, I am not one that thinks this comes anywhere close to the people dreaming of $100k's price target. Heck, I don't even think it touches $10k. I think most of that is fantasy talk from young people with less than 50 shares.

Here's the thing - it's true that we own the float and that the technical data says they have to buy our shares, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have to pay our price.

I am going to slowly skim starting in the $200 to $500 range and maybe hold onto a handful of shares just in case something crazy does happen. I am playing a different game than most though, as I am trading a good bit of options, so my exit points and risk tolerance levels are different than many folks'.

Plus, the sooner I get out, the sooner I can re-invest a portion of that wealth into a likely bottomed out market due to the resulting market crash, so I am not too concerned about living with regrets.

Personally, I am not one that thinks this comes anywhere close to the people dreaming of $100k's price target. Heck, I don't even think it touches $10k. I think most of that is fantasy talk from young people with less than 50 shares.

Here's the thing - it's true that we own the float and that the technical data says they have to buy our shares, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have to pay our price.

I am going to slowly skim starting in the $200 to $500 range and maybe hold onto a handful of shares just in case something crazy does happen. I am playing a different game than most though, as I am trading a good bit of options, so my exit points and risk tolerance levels are different than many folks'.

Plus, the sooner I get out, the sooner I can re-invest a portion of that wealth into a likely bottomed out market due to the resulting market crash, so I am not too concerned about living with regrets.
What’s really fascinating about these potential retail squeezes is that it’s.....retail.

I remember with the railroad squeeze way back when it was settled between institutions. The great VW squeeze in 2008 was institutional. Porsche essentially said “All right all right” and settled, and this stopping the infinite squeeze.

I thought a month ago the SEC should just delist AMC and GME and just settle it. Now it could get out of control soon and regulators from around the world are watching how this is getting handled.

The only way out is for shorts to cover. Unless AMC and GME goes bankrupt or delisted from the exchanges (highly unlikely).

Another possibility is AMC or GameStop get hit with market manipulation.

I wonder what Bobby Axelrod's next move is.

20westworld-recap-slide-AD1F-jumbo.jpg

He'd short it to oblivion and also have Lara go blackmail Adam Aron's wife about something from her past if she doesn't cooperate and provide them with intel on demand.

What’s really fascinating about these potential retail squeezes is that it’s.....retail.

I remember with the railroad squeeze way back when it was settled between institutions. The great VW squeeze in 2008 was institutional. Porsche essentially said “All right all right” and settled, and this stopping the infinite squeeze.

I thought a month ago the SEC should just delist AMC and GME and just settle it. Now it could get out of control soon and regulators from around the world are watching how this is getting handled.

The only way out is for shorts to cover. Unless AMC and GME goes bankrupt or delisted from the exchanges (highly unlikely).

Another possibility is AMC or GameStop get hit with market manipulation.

I don't know if they're manipulating the market or not, but where is it being reported that they're doing that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom