The Investment Thread (16 Viewers)

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
SPCE 😤 How you going to launch Branson and announce 500M in new stock the next day. Down 18% in one day.
I was coming here to post the same thing, I only have a few shares and feel like a dummy that I didnt purchase a boat load when it went all the way down to +$14. But HOW in the WORLD did that launch not spike an upward trend.

Reaction score
The more I think of it, I think it’s the classic funneling upwards pressure buys through the dark pool and downwards pressure buys/sells through the open market. Surely manipulation. But if it’s not enforced then it doesn’t matter.

Reaction score
Dont be surprised if JNJ drops precipitously today or tomorrow .. i saw where they are getting to make an announcement about the possible connection of their vaccine to several cases of Guillen Barre disease.. please dont take this as gospel truth since I’m not sure of it’s veracity, but it’s sucks since i just bought into J&J last month. :mad:

ETA annddd less than 15 minutes after I posted, CNN confirms it

Link to read

ETA: Oops, I didn't see you added CNN confirmation...

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Link to read

ETA: Oops, I didn't see you added CNN confirmation...

Yep, and also- context is EVERYTHING…. Like with the ‘scare’ a couple months ago that one of the vaccines caused xyz (cant even remember what it was), but it wound up being a literal one in one million chance… And i was surprised to see that, at closing today, after the latest news had been rumored for several hours and then confirmed- JNJ dropped only a tiny bit… maybe investors are seeing the contextual side more than i give them credit for.

xaeniac

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I was coming here to post the same thing, I only have a few shares and feel like a dummy that I didnt purchase a boat load when it went all the way down to +$14. But HOW in the WORLD did that launch not spike an upward trend.
Buy the rumor, sell the news.

Reaction score
Good little synopsis below.

It’s stock manipulation. The SEC made a nice PowerPoint PDF that outlines what stock manipulation is: https://www.sec.gov/files/Market Manipulations and Case Studies.pdf

Yet it’s not enforced. Hedge Funds that are short on some of these stocks are not in a good place. And they can’t leave. They cannot close out of their positions without getting margin called. And they can’t let it go up without being margin called.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It’s stock manipulation. The SEC made a nice PowerPoint PDF that outlines what stock manipulation is: https://www.sec.gov/files/Market Manipulations and Case Studies.pdf

Yet it’s not enforced. Hedge Funds that are short on some of these stocks are not in a good place. And they can’t leave. They cannot close out of their positions without getting margin called. And they can’t let it go up without being margin called.
Agreed, how long can they let it go on? I'm guessing the reason why, its the potential to fast track the inevitable of an economy crash with inflation?

Simulate & Trade(YouTube)/carlostrade(Twitter) released a video yesterday with some DD put in it and I am seeing others (MeetKevin) are reflecting his perception of the current circumstances.

Reaction score
Agreed, how long can they let it go on? I'm guessing the reason why, its the potential to fast track the inevitable of an economy crash with inflation?

Simulate & Trade(YouTube)/carlostrade(Twitter) released a video yesterday with some DD put in it and I am seeing others (MeetKevin) are reflecting his perception of the current circumstances.

It’s insane. Citadel the Hedge Fund. Citadel the Market Maker. Citadel on the board of the DTCC. And Citadel employing former SEC directors.

It has to stop.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It’s insane. Citadel the Hedge Fund. Citadel the Market Maker. Citadel on the board of the DTCC. And Citadel employing former SEC directors.

It has to stop.
citadel.jpg

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Looked at the picture for a full minute before I realized anything was blurred out :p
I think its a sign that the $GME and $AMC MOASS is coming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread