The Investment Thread

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

efil4stnias

ppfffffttttt
VIP Contributor
Ratings
It must be nice to have excess income to be able to buy stock and not have to use every dime to provide for your family.
dont be that guy.

not here.

not sure how old you are, but most of us on this thread have earned the ability to buy stock. Mine is deducted direct from my check. That way i dont even see it and i budget based on net. Furthermore, ive worked at same place for 19 straight years. And understand its all relative- my purchases are minute compared to others. But i dont begrudge them.

So keep plugging away and there will come a day where you can play the market as well. And if not, so long as you provided your family, thats all that really matters.

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
It must be nice to have excess income to be able to buy stock and not have to use every dime to provide for your family.
Well...

I saved money that I earned and figure it best to invest it.

I certainly remember a time when I couldn’t afford to invest squat so I understand your situation but my current situation and ability to save/invest didn’t create your situation. I hope you will be able to invest what you earn too.

Furthermore, I am interested in investing so This thread interests me

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
401k from working. If you have that opportunity, it's stupid not to be in it.

Small IRA, from cashing in Pension.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be buying stocks, outside of y 401k.

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Ratings
dont be that guy.

not here.

not sure how old you are, but most of us on this thread have earned the ability to buy stock. Mine is deducted direct from my check. That way i dont even see it and i budget based on net. Furthermore, ive worked at same place for 19 straight years. And understand its all relative- my purchases are minute compared to others. But i dont begrudge them.

So keep plugging away and there will come a day where you can play the market as well. And if not, so long as you provided your family, thats all that really matters.
Thanks for that, I will be sure to pull up my bootstraps.

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Bought the SPY and QQQ this morning. They’re at price levels of a year ago and both are below their 50 day moving average.
Very rare
I'm getting closer to getting back in. I'm looking for a bit more certainty in a couple of economic areas though. I'd like the trade swirl to die down so I can assess the likely impact of whatever the end result is going to be. Then I can determine if the market is appropriately priced or not.

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Yeah, the fear has been that the economy has actually been getting overheated which leads to rising interest rates which then leads to money flowing toward those rising interest rates and out of stocks.

Employment has been very robust. Wages are rising. Personally, I think that’s a good thing but some economists warn that it’ll create inflation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.