The Investment Thread

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I’m not fully appreciating the China trade impact. If the amount is truly a tarrif on 200billion worth of goods, I don’t see how it can really upset our $20 trillion dollar economy.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Ratings
Haven't heard much from Alan in a long time...

Washington (CNN Business)Alan Greenspan says the party's over on Wall Street.

The former Federal Reserve chairman who famously warned more than two decades ago about "irrational exuberance" in the stock market doesn't see equity prices going any higher than they are now.

"It would be very surprising to see it sort of stabilize here, and then take off," Greenspan said in an interview with CNN anchor Julia Chatterley.

He added that markets could still go up further — but warned investors that the correction would be painful: "At the end of that run, run for cover."

Markets have staggered in recent weeks, with spooked investors selling over mixed messages coming from the White House concerning the status of trade negotiations with China and growing fears of a global economic slowdown.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/business/alan-greenspan-stock-market-party-over/index.html

OP
OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Ratings
So the tariffs have made the materials for a kitchen renovation more expensive and the money sitting in a 60/40 fund is now at break even from the fund purchase date. I should have taken my gains in August. Next year, maybe.

I'm not worried about 401k since I'm far from retirement. I just bumped up contributions and will increase my contributions as the market declines.

OP
OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
So the tariffs have made the materials for a kitchen renovation more expensive and the money sitting in a 60/40 fund is now at break even from the fund purchase date. I should have taken my gains in August. Next year, maybe.

I'm not worried about 401k since I'm far from retirement. I just bumped up contributions and will increase my contributions as the market declines.
I may consider that for early 2019. Gotta see how some up coming bills shake out first.

efil4stnias

ppfffffttttt
VIP Contributor
Ratings

bingo.

its fun to wallow in pity in the moment here...i know ive taken a hit. Aint even lookin. because like you, im not retiring anytime soon. All this did was delay my final goal by a year or two. TBH, i dont even have a "goal" other than to amass as much as i can prior to retiring.

its just amazing how quick the market can turn ( what, 2 months ? ).

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Finally, almost a buying an opportunity. I think we're nearing the point where panic has over taken valuations. S&P forward PE are below historical averages. I've been sitting on the sidelines for a while and it's looking like it's finally coming close to jumping back in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.