The Investment Thread (2 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Finally, almost a buying an opportunity. I think we're nearing the point where panic has over taken valuations. S&P forward PE are below historical averages. I've been sitting on the sidelines for a while and it's looking like it's finally coming close to jumping back in.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Finally, almost a buying an opportunity. I think we're nearing the point where panic has over taken valuations. S&P forward PE are below historical averages. I've been sitting on the sidelines for a while and it's looking like it's finally coming close to jumping back in.
Starting to think that way as well. As much as I hate the fed, think they are slowing down the economy nicely. My fears of overpriced stocks combined with artificially low interest rates are being relieved, tech market unwound just as I thought. The masses are starting to sell and cryptos are pretty much an afterthought. Good time to hop back in a bit. Worst case if I buy back in now it will be at a bargain from when I sold.

Still dont like how long the economy has been expanding, we are still due for more than a correction but I'll stick a few toes in the water.

OP
OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/important-investor-alert-schall-law-223000060.html

NVDA may get a class action against it for misleading investors.

According to the Complaint, the Company made false and misleading statements to the market. NVIDIA touted its ability to monitor the cryptocurrency market and make rapid changes to its business as necessary. The Company claimed to be “masters at managing our channel, and we understand the channel very well.” NVIDIA also claimed to the market that any drop off in demand for its GPUs amongst cryptocurrency miners would not negatively impact the Company’s business because of strong demand for GPUs from the gaming market. Based on these facts, the Company’s public statements were false and materially misleading throughout the class period. When the market learned the truth about NVIDIA, investors suffered damages.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/important-investor-alert-schall-law-223000060.html

NVDA may get a class action against it for misleading investors.
Yeah its misleading, stupid is more like it. People were in such a frenzy they didnt have to say it. I mean, what logic says "we are doing great trying to meet demand for a raging crypto market that is driving sales through the roof but if those raging sales go away we will be doing just as good?"

As insane as the crypto market was it did some great things. It basically sped technology up a whole bunch in the processing and computer graphic market. I'm in the process of building a PC I can edit 8k video on the fly with for under $5k. Something I couldnt do fr twice that a year ago.

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yep.
PE level is a good fundamental measure of valuation and as you said, they’re historically low. Possible gift horse opportunity

OP
OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
UGE bounce today. Still down a lot since October, but it was a very big gain today. I just hope we're not in for a sell off for tomorrow with this seesaw garbage.

Most of the Indexes were up around 5%.

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Biggest one day gain ever.

Happy to have been a part of it. Small... but a part nonetheless

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Biggest one day gain ever.

Happy to have been a part of it. Small... but a part nonetheless
Yeah, I'm happy I pulled the trigger to get in Monday afternoon for a small position. I'm still somewhat on the sideline b/c I'd like to get a clearer sense of the market, but I'm probably going to start back up my dollar cost averaging again.

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Actually thinking if buying some apple. Never owned it. PE is 16 on last year’s earnings. I figure it’ll be good longterm at this level.

Seems clear to me at this point that the market has priced in a recession. Not sure when it’s expected to arrive tho.

TXSAINTFAN

Music is Life
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Actually thinking if buying some apple. Never owned it. PE is 16 on last year’s earnings. I figure it’ll be good longterm at this level.

Seems clear to me at this point that the market has priced in a recession. Not sure when it’s expected to arrive tho.
Thinking of buying more. It's long term for me.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a couple grand to spend on Appl. But I don't think it's done sinking yet. They overpriced their product line. Their margins are reliant on outside manufacturers that are competitors like Samsung (who makes the iPhone's screens). iOS 12 was too small of an improvement and it actually handicaps devices like the iPad. I could keep in building a long list.

I think this is the swift kick in the rear that Apple needed. iOS13 could be the turning point for them, IF it's the huge upgrade that it's rumored to be. A large number of new features were held out of iOS 12 so Apple could dedicate more resources to improving OS stability. They need iOS 13 to be a homerun and I think it could be. If could allow the iPad to be used to its fullest capacity. It could open up the ecosystem a bit more and start MacOS on the eventual road to retirement.

One other thing that bothers me about Apple. No single company should hold that much influence on the markets. I don't know what has to be done to alter this but a mere $5billion revision in revenue shouldn't drive down the entire DOW by over 600points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)