The Investment Thread (6 Viewers)

NVDA is getting killed today. Big miss on earnings. Hard not to think some insider trading was at work leading up to the announcement.

at what point is nvda a buy?
Not sure it is. Tech stocks hit bear territory today and NVDA coming off an earnings miss that big is just really bad timing.

I haven't been following nearly as close as some others though.

NVDA is getting killed today. Big miss on earnings. Hard not to think some insider trading was at work leading up to the announcement.
The miss was on Friday. But yeah.. sucks.

I had considered selling them off when they were getting really hot a month or two ago... had no idea Tech was going to be brutalized.

So mad, I was up 100%, now I'm up like $1.

at what point is nvda a buy?
The problem is that NVDA thought they had a better handle on what chips were being used for gaming and what for data mining.. I think they over estimated gaming. So, sales was way off and it also shows that their ability to forecast is off.

Cramer thinks they might need 2 more quarters to get their inventory sold and things settled again.

That's not good.

Trading desks never being formed for Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies have been a killer for them. I expect to see them drop a lot further and many of the smaller ones to lose all value completely.

So, where's the bottom here for Tech as a whole?

NVDA getting hammered for specific reasons, AMZN getting hammered as the sector is being hammered... CRM being hammered, I think for overall questionable strength in the cloud?

I feel like I need to dump half my portfolio.. and I was a day late and a dollar short.

NVDA getting hammered for specific reasons, AMZN getting hammered as the sector is being hammered... CRM being hammered, I think for overall questionable strength in the cloud?

I feel like I need to dump half my portfolio.. and I was a day late and a dollar short.

I feel you.

Analysts keep saying to leave your IRAs and 401(k)s alone (outside of quarterly re-balancing), but damn, that is so hard to do considering how things look.

Analysts keep saying to leave your IRAs and 401(k)s alone (outside of quarterly re-balancing), but damn, that is so hard to do considering how things look.

At this point, im still a hair up on NVDA and 10% on AMZN - so i get what they are saying. This was a massive correction, one i think that grew legs and outran itself.

Add to it, the market emotion, the China tariffs that are to go to 25% Jan 1, all this looming in the distance, puts folks on edge. So when guidance comes out thats somewhat negative, these folks run with it.

Tough market right now. Im not even looking at my balance because i know its gotta be close to 15% Total value ive lost and that will make me ill. lol.

edit: ya made me look...10% roughly. so not as bad as i thought. But interesting as i looked at chart...same drop in Dec 2014-Jan 2015...about a 10-15% correction. Leveled off in Feb, wallowed even for about a year and things began to appreciated in Feb 2016.

Interested to see if this happens yet again.

At this point, im still a hair up on NVDA and 10% on AMZN - so i get what they are saying. This was a massive correction, one i think that grew legs and outran itself.

Add to it, the market emotion, the China tariffs that are to go to 25% Jan 1, all this looming in the distance, puts folks on edge. So when guidance comes out thats somewhat negative, these folks run with it.

Tough market right now. Im not even looking at my balance because i know its gotta be close to 15% Total value ive lost and that will make me ill. lol.

edit: ya made me look...10% roughly. so not as bad as i thought. But interesting as i looked at chart...same drop in Dec 2014-Jan 2015...about a 10-15% correction. Leveled off in Feb, wallowed even for about a year and things began to appreciated in Feb 2016.

Interested to see if this happens yet again.

You guys are about at the same spot I pulled out this time last year when I was expecting mostly sideways action before the Bull began to fall. Would have stayed in a little longer but the fed was sitting near 0 at the time and they had to do something. I'm not trying to time the high and the low, just think I can cut off some of the big movement in between. When I buy back in, doubt it'll be at the low point but really confident I'll come in at a much lower point than when I stepped out.

Interesting for sure. I think people mean 10/2 when they talk about inversion but 5/3 probably has similar concerns.

I have no answer but I can add some perspective;

With the drops in tech, I have started to consider the sector. If I’m considering buying, why would you consider selling?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom