The Investment Thread (12 Viewers)

I have no answer but I can add some perspective;

With the drops in tech, I have started to consider the sector. If I’m considering buying, why would you consider selling?

i actually increased my position in AMZN, NVDA and MSFT last Tuesday. ( but let it be known it was my adviser who called to say lets buy some - i would have prolly waited another week and here we are, climbing again )

I've been keeping an eye on my VMware stock and DAAAAAAAYUUUUUUM. Pending approval by Dell shareholders, I'll be getting maybe $22-25 per share in a one time dividend as Dell kills the tracking stock and goes public.

I have no answer but I can add some perspective;

With the drops in tech, I have started to consider the sector. If I’m considering buying, why would you consider selling?

It was more of a "is the bottom still going further and should we abandon all hope"? Or has it already hit bottom and just ride it out.

Seems like the second option, since AMZN and others are bouncing back. Again, NVDA had specific issues, so I'm looking at them differently. Is NVDA just a bad play or not?

Probably should have taken the profit a while back when they were flirting with 280/share. I thought about it, but kept faith in the company, then they burned us all with really bad projections.

I've been keeping an eye on my VMware stock and DAAAAAAAYUUUUUUM. Pending approval by Dell shareholders, I'll be getting maybe $22-25 per share in a one time dividend as Dell kills the tracking stock and goes public.

It’s been great since about $90. I had it at
$90 but then sold out at $98 taking a quick profit - it ran up to $150 but then pulled back on one of the tech drops and I grabbed it for about $116 or so.

Great company, great stock.

Well, that China news sure didn't last long. Back to a free fall.

It’s been great since about $90. I had it at
$90 but then sold out at $98 taking a quick profit - it ran up to $150 but then pulled back on one of the tech drops and I grabbed it for about $116 or so.

Great company, great stock.

I got REALLY lucky. I had 600 shares issued at $45. I haven't sold any of it and last bit vests in April. I still need to do a lot of research on what I should do with that money when I do sell it. The only thing I know is that I'll keep investing it but diversify.

Bought the SPY and QQQ this morning. They’re at price levels of a year ago and both are below their 50 day moving average.
Very rare

Last edited:
It must be nice to have excess income to be able to buy stock and not have to use every dime to provide for your family.

It must be nice to have excess income to be able to buy stock and not have to use every dime to provide for your family.

dont be that guy.

not here.

not sure how old you are, but most of us on this thread have earned the ability to buy stock. Mine is deducted direct from my check. That way i dont even see it and i budget based on net. Furthermore, ive worked at same place for 19 straight years. And understand its all relative- my purchases are minute compared to others. But i dont begrudge them.

So keep plugging away and there will come a day where you can play the market as well. And if not, so long as you provided your family, thats all that really matters.

Well...

I saved money that I earned and figure it best to invest it.

I certainly remember a time when I couldn’t afford to invest squat so I understand your situation but my current situation and ability to save/invest didn’t create your situation. I hope you will be able to invest what you earn too.

Furthermore, I am interested in investing so This thread interests me

Last edited:

401k from working. If you have that opportunity, it's stupid not to be in it.

Small IRA, from cashing in Pension.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be buying stocks, outside of y 401k.

dont be that guy.

not here.

not sure how old you are, but most of us on this thread have earned the ability to buy stock. Mine is deducted direct from my check. That way i dont even see it and i budget based on net. Furthermore, ive worked at same place for 19 straight years. And understand its all relative- my purchases are minute compared to others. But i dont begrudge them.

So keep plugging away and there will come a day where you can play the market as well. And if not, so long as you provided your family, thats all that really matters.

Thanks for that, I will be sure to pull up my bootstraps.

I picked a hell of a week to open up an account with M1 Finance (which is by far my new favorite investing platform).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom