The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

Bought the SPY and QQQ this morning. They’re at price levels of a year ago and both are below their 50 day moving average.
Very rare

I'm getting closer to getting back in. I'm looking for a bit more certainty in a couple of economic areas though. I'd like the trade swirl to die down so I can assess the likely impact of whatever the end result is going to be. Then I can determine if the market is appropriately priced or not.

So the futures turn positive on weak jobs report - that’s the weird environment we’re in right now.

The idea is that weak jobs will slow the Fed.

Yeah, the fear has been that the economy has actually been getting overheated which leads to rising interest rates which then leads to money flowing toward those rising interest rates and out of stocks.

Employment has been very robust. Wages are rising. Personally, I think that’s a good thing but some economists warn that it’ll create inflation.

Whew... it’s getting ugly.

Saintfanbucland would he happy. I’m now losing money

Well that goodwill this morning sure did go away.

I’m not fully appreciating the China trade impact. If the amount is truly a tarrif on 200billion worth of goods, I don’t see how it can really upset our $20 trillion dollar economy.

Haven't heard much from Alan in a long time...

Washington (CNN Business)Alan Greenspan says the party's over on Wall Street.

The former Federal Reserve chairman who famously warned more than two decades ago about "irrational exuberance" in the stock market doesn't see equity prices going any higher than they are now.

"It would be very surprising to see it sort of stabilize here, and then take off," Greenspan said in an interview with CNN anchor Julia Chatterley.

He added that markets could still go up further — but warned investors that the correction would be painful: "At the end of that run, run for cover."

Markets have staggered in recent weeks, with spooked investors selling over mixed messages coming from the White House concerning the status of trade negotiations with China and growing fears of a global economic slowdown.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/business/alan-greenspan-stock-market-party-over/index.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom