The Investment Thread (6 Viewers)

So the tariffs have made the materials for a kitchen renovation more expensive and the money sitting in a 60/40 fund is now at break even from the fund purchase date. I should have taken my gains in August. Next year, maybe.

I'm not worried about 401k since I'm far from retirement. I just bumped up contributions and will increase my contributions as the market declines.

So the tariffs have made the materials for a kitchen renovation more expensive and the money sitting in a 60/40 fund is now at break even from the fund purchase date. I should have taken my gains in August. Next year, maybe.

I'm not worried about 401k since I'm far from retirement. I just bumped up contributions and will increase my contributions as the market declines.

I may consider that for early 2019. Gotta see how some up coming bills shake out first.

bingo.

its fun to wallow in pity in the moment here...i know ive taken a hit. Aint even lookin. because like you, im not retiring anytime soon. All this did was delay my final goal by a year or two. TBH, i dont even have a "goal" other than to amass as much as i can prior to retiring.

its just amazing how quick the market can turn ( what, 2 months ? ).

Finally, almost a buying an opportunity. I think we're nearing the point where panic has over taken valuations. S&P forward PE are below historical averages. I've been sitting on the sidelines for a while and it's looking like it's finally coming close to jumping back in.

Finally, almost a buying an opportunity. I think we're nearing the point where panic has over taken valuations. S&P forward PE are below historical averages. I've been sitting on the sidelines for a while and it's looking like it's finally coming close to jumping back in.
Starting to think that way as well. As much as I hate the fed, think they are slowing down the economy nicely. My fears of overpriced stocks combined with artificially low interest rates are being relieved, tech market unwound just as I thought. The masses are starting to sell and cryptos are pretty much an afterthought. Good time to hop back in a bit. Worst case if I buy back in now it will be at a bargain from when I sold.

Still dont like how long the economy has been expanding, we are still due for more than a correction but I'll stick a few toes in the water.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/important-investor-alert-schall-law-223000060.html

NVDA may get a class action against it for misleading investors.

According to the Complaint, the Company made false and misleading statements to the market. NVIDIA touted its ability to monitor the cryptocurrency market and make rapid changes to its business as necessary. The Company claimed to be “masters at managing our channel, and we understand the channel very well.” NVIDIA also claimed to the market that any drop off in demand for its GPUs amongst cryptocurrency miners would not negatively impact the Company’s business because of strong demand for GPUs from the gaming market. Based on these facts, the Company’s public statements were false and materially misleading throughout the class period. When the market learned the truth about NVIDIA, investors suffered damages.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/important-investor-alert-schall-law-223000060.html

NVDA may get a class action against it for misleading investors.
Yeah its misleading, stupid is more like it. People were in such a frenzy they didnt have to say it. I mean, what logic says "we are doing great trying to meet demand for a raging crypto market that is driving sales through the roof but if those raging sales go away we will be doing just as good?"

As insane as the crypto market was it did some great things. It basically sped technology up a whole bunch in the processing and computer graphic market. I'm in the process of building a PC I can edit 8k video on the fly with for under $5k. Something I couldnt do fr twice that a year ago.

Yep.
PE level is a good fundamental measure of valuation and as you said, they’re historically low. Possible gift horse opportunity

UGE bounce today. Still down a lot since October, but it was a very big gain today. I just hope we're not in for a sell off for tomorrow with this seesaw garbage.

Most of the Indexes were up around 5%.

Biggest one day gain ever.

Happy to have been a part of it. Small... but a part nonetheless

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom