The Investment Thread (6 Viewers)

Biggest one day gain ever.

Happy to have been a part of it. Small... but a part nonetheless

Yeah, I'm happy I pulled the trigger to get in Monday afternoon for a small position. I'm still somewhat on the sideline b/c I'd like to get a clearer sense of the market, but I'm probably going to start back up my dollar cost averaging again.

Actually thinking if buying some apple. Never owned it. PE is 16 on last year’s earnings. I figure it’ll be good longterm at this level.

Seems clear to me at this point that the market has priced in a recession. Not sure when it’s expected to arrive tho.

Actually thinking if buying some apple. Never owned it. PE is 16 on last year’s earnings. I figure it’ll be good longterm at this level.

Seems clear to me at this point that the market has priced in a recession. Not sure when it’s expected to arrive tho.

Thinking of buying more. It's long term for me.

I've got a couple grand to spend on Appl. But I don't think it's done sinking yet. They overpriced their product line. Their margins are reliant on outside manufacturers that are competitors like Samsung (who makes the iPhone's screens). iOS 12 was too small of an improvement and it actually handicaps devices like the iPad. I could keep in building a long list.

I think this is the swift kick in the rear that Apple needed. iOS13 could be the turning point for them, IF it's the huge upgrade that it's rumored to be. A large number of new features were held out of iOS 12 so Apple could dedicate more resources to improving OS stability. They need iOS 13 to be a homerun and I think it could be. If could allow the iPad to be used to its fullest capacity. It could open up the ecosystem a bit more and start MacOS on the eventual road to retirement.

One other thing that bothers me about Apple. No single company should hold that much influence on the markets. I don't know what has to be done to alter this but a mere $5billion revision in revenue shouldn't drive down the entire DOW by over 600points.

Holy Cow what a rebound!

The jobs number is incredible. The U.S. added 312,000 new jobs in December. Expectation was for a gain of 182,000, according to many of economists. Wages are growing too.
Not sure what the Fed is going to do but I suspect that the market has adjusted to the recent rate hikes and accepts the need.

I just don’t see a recession on the horizon but I keep hearing about it...

Holy Cow what a rebound!

The jobs number is incredible. The U.S. added 312,000 new jobs in December. Expectation was for a gain of 182,000, according to many of economists. Wages are growing too.
Not sure what the Fed is going to do but I suspect that the market has adjusted to the recent rate hikes and accepts the need.

I just don’t see a recession on the horizon but I keep hearing about it...

Powell remarked the Fed will do what it needs to ( regarding the economy ) and that buoyed the market early.

Nice jump today, but we're still down a lot since October, and still major volatility.

S&P500

1546628139389.png

AMZN

1546628194094.png

I haven't made any moves; just letting the cash build up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom