The Investment Thread (13 Viewers)

Anyone else own any Tesla? I bought over 100 shares in the 240 range about 6 months ago and now it's over 900. Profits are around $90k right now. Never seen a stock boom quite like this. I'm actually starting to get nervous and wondering if I should take profits or hold (most likely I'm holding). If anyone else is in, let me know what you are doing.

So what is driving the market like this? Either I'm really missing something or the market is. If not for China, I'd expect explosive growth right now because other indicators are sexy. I even understand stocks going up in USA market but for the stocks heavily exposed to China, I don't understand it. Thoughts?

I have absolutely no clue what is driving this.

Apple announced last week and cautioned revenue due to large exposure of sales in China may lag. Response? up almost 10% in the last few days.
Every last stock holding i have has been steadily moving up. I knew i should have bought some on the heels of the 5 day dip, but i ended up with QQQ and EEM etfs ( im getting more risk averse as i get older and my fund is growing )

It used to be fundamentals. Now i have no idea. So i just roll with it and hope to be on the right side of things.

Anyone else own any Tesla? I bought over 100 shares in the 240 range about 6 months ago and now it's over 900. Profits are around $90k right now. Never seen a stock boom quite like this. I'm actually starting to get nervous and wondering if I should take profits or hold (most likely I'm holding). If anyone else is in, let me know what you are doing.

If you sell, you are looking at a hefty cap gains bill. ( or is this inside a 401k/IRA? )

How old are you? do you need the funds now?

i would stand pat personally, hoping they would split. But then again, ive gotten to the point where my appetite for risk is lower than say 5 years ago.

Yeah. I saw that. They're actually close to getting kicked off and out of the exchange.

A one-time giant goes down.

As a side note, I didn't realize Amazon hit $2K again. Yaaaayyy!!!

not hit...broke thru. :happy0005:

So glad i never sold when it was wallowing around 1700 for several months.

Well, oil prices are plunging to the point a gallon of gas is going to be the same price as a 20oz bottle of water and Tesla being a company that has struggled to meet deliveries has a plant in China shut down so obviously you should buy more. Lol

TSLA is at $900
I've been following it. It's up +$300 the last two days. Not sure what to think of it.

If you sell, you are looking at a hefty cap gains bill. ( or is this inside a 401k/IRA? )

How old are you? do you need the funds now?

i would stand pat personally, hoping they would split. But then again, ive gotten to the point where my appetite for risk is lower than say 5 years ago.
I hadn't considered the tax implications, so you're right about cap gains. I bought with the intent of holding it for several years, thinking it would eventually go up to 1000. Had no idea it would be knocking at the door of 1000 in such a short time. Right now I'm thinking it could even fall a couple hundred points and I would still be sitting on a nice profit, so I guess I shouldn't be so nervous.

I hadn't considered the tax implications, so you're right about cap gains. I bought with the intent of holding it for several years, thinking it would eventually go up to 1000. Had no idea it would be knocking at the door of 1000 in such a short time. Right now I'm thinking it could even fall a couple hundred points and I would still be sitting on a nice profit, so I guess I shouldn't be so nervous.
Nope, if you are really nervous then you could always take some profit and reduce your exposure.

then i would hold for several years. Chances are, if they continue to churn a profit/stock price goes up, they will at some point possibly do a split. so then you get 200 shares, it drops down to $500/share and the rise starts all over again!

But a 400%~ gain is really nice. What a fantastic investment!

So after taking a shelling yesterday in Gold I decided to just hold the Carnival stock as a hedge. Figures the one stock I hold would have a ship in Japan quarantined with at least 10 positive cases of coronavirus pushing global headlines hours after the stock rallies. I mean, 11 cases confirmed in the USA and you can't even find a mask so it's not lot people are lining up to book a cruise but now you wont be able to give a cruise away. That stock is about to get destroyed.

It's up 4% in premarket trading, leading what looks to be another really strong open for US markets.

Macy's to no longer be in malls.

Bold strategy Cotton.

edit: weaker malls.

Macy's to no longer be in malls.

Bold strategy Cotton.

edit: weaker malls.

I have been to Macys in the "weaker" malls (the B and C malls by industry classification). It ain't a pretty sight. Feels like 1990 in those places.

I have been to Macys in the "weaker" malls (the B and C malls by industry classification). It ain't a pretty sight. Feels like 1990 in those places.

Yeah Esplanade Mall in Kenner is exactly like that.

Only reason they get some foot traffic is Target took over the old Macy spot.

tbh, i dont know how Esplanade Mall has survived up to this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom