The Investment Thread (16 Viewers)

I guess the market thinks the virus has peaked in US. Maybe people will just put everything on a credit card for 90 days and hope normal returns. Maybe I should just start buying on Friday and selling on Monday/Tuesday in response to under testing on Sundays.

I still don't get it; maybe I'm too pessimistic. Even if the US flat-lines at 25-30K cases per day for two or three weeks, it will be at least 4-6 weeks before stay at homes lift in some affected major metro areas.
Jamie Dimon sends out a letter that is published today expecting Q2 GDP down 35% and 14% unemployment.

Market soars.

i have no clue what is going on. None. and im not even talkin to my FA because as seasoned as he is, he too has no clue.

This is all nuts. Meanwhile i keep getting kicked in the nads by the feds.

I file unemployment for my oldest who had her employment terminated by YMCA ( she is a lifeguard ) so they CAN FILE for unemployment only to be told- you are ineligible. No explanation. Just that you dont qualify. So i try calling them.

2 hrs got me absolutely nowhere. Im done with all of it.

Im losing it. Im sitting here about to transfer some $$$ from my rainy day fund and cannot believe that the crux of the assistance is going to business/corporations that will game the system to enrich themselves. I just found out on payroll relief, they only want to know NUMBER of employees pre covid. No names. No SSN.
Sooooooo....that is ripe for gaming.

sheesh.

Why does anyone care what Bill Gates thinks about viruses? This is the man responsible for creating the most virus plagued operating system ever created. I would be more interested in what Steve Jobs would of said, about the situation. Not sure how Mr. Gates is an authority on anything to do with medicine, pretty sure he is a college drop out.

1586191478266.png

Well, I wouldn't listen to Steve Jobs considering his approach to health care. :covri: He pretty much shortened his own life by decades by not treating a very treatable type of cancer.

Others have pretty much hit on why Gates understands a lot of the issues related to disease and epidemics.

Last edited:
Jamie Dimon sends out a letter that is published today expecting Q2 GDP down 35% and 14% unemployment.

Market soars.

i have no clue what is going on. None. and im not even talkin to my FA because as seasoned as he is, he too has no clue.

This is all nuts. Meanwhile i keep getting kicked in the nads by the feds.

I file unemployment for my oldest who had her employment terminated by YMCA ( she is a lifeguard ) so they CAN FILE for unemployment only to be told- you are ineligible. No explanation. Just that you dont qualify. So i try calling them.

2 hrs got me absolutely nowhere. Im done with all of it.

Im losing it. Im sitting here about to transfer some $$$ from my rainy day fund and cannot believe that the crux of the assistance is going to business/corporations that will game the system to enrich themselves. I just found out on payroll relief, they only want to know NUMBER of employees pre covid. No names. No SSN.
Sooooooo....that is ripe for gaming.

sheesh.

I feel your pain. Economic shut down with a market that has everyone scratching their head. Who wouldn't be a little concerned?

1586221879727.png

The big ETFs kept running in the after hours. Unless some bad news happens, tomorrow likely to continue the move up.

This is one of those markets where you can either make a lot of money or lose a lot of money. The current price level is not reflecting reality. Either there's going to be a very short recession followed by a quick rebound, in which case the market should be higher, or there's going to be a second corona-virus wave, followed severe economic consequences, in which case the market is very overvalued.

If you know which one it is, you can make tons of money.

See this kind of thing should bring the markets back to being rational - but it probably won’t.

Market ready to run again today - and I think what's breeding this (along with the supply cuts on oil) is the view that we're in "peak week". The optimistic predictions for peak coronavirus in NYC and other large outbreak areas is this week and next week.

The market is running with that, and I think that means it will continue to push up at least through this week unless some news comes out that shows the optimism isn't warranted.

Market ready to run again today - and I think what's breeding this (along with the supply cuts on oil) is the view that we're in "peak week". The optimistic predictions for peak coronavirus in NYC and other large outbreak areas is this week and next week.

The market is running with that, and I think that means it will continue to push up at least through this week unless some news comes out that shows the optimism isn't warranted.

Hopes for supply cuts in oil is moving the market but it's not really moving oil. Even the oil people are all over saying even if the cut 10M bpd there will still be a 15M pde surpluss. When Exxon CEO comes out and tells the world that oil prices will stabilize becuase it costs more to store it than it's worth, the market takes it as good news.

Jamie Dimon, Yeller and Fauchi's comments all get ignored. This is incredibly odd.

Hopes for supply cuts in oil is moving the market but it's not really moving oil. Even the oil people are all over saying even if the cut 10M bpd there will still be a 15M pde surpluss. When Exxon CEO comes out and tells the world that oil prices will stabilize becuase it costs more to store it than it's worth, the market takes it as good news.

Jamie Dimon, Yeller and Fauchi's comments all get ignored. This is incredibly odd.

The market always tries to get ahead of the news - right now the optimistic view, coupled with some data (three-days of down NY cases for example), that's enough to fuel a rush back in. If it peters out, they sell on the way back down and there's still profit.

The market always tries to get ahead of the news - right now the optimistic view, coupled with some data (three-days of down NY cases for example), that's enough to fuel a rush back in. If it peters out, they sell on the way back down and there's still profit.
That's the thing though, they've been so far behind the news this go around it's mind boggling. I think it's big money coordinating during low volume after hours trading to steer the market. I haven't heard a single big investor say now is the time, they're all saying the same thing. This is basically a pump and dump. If the rally was real and based on real things gold wouldn't be creeping up. It would be on a rocket. Here's why. If you inject Trillions into a market and there is a ton of pent up demand about to be released it would be ultimate inflationary environment. Gold has gone up 3% in the 12% run up in the market. All you need to make money in the market is movement and it's certainly moving but I fear for all those that sold positions on the run down getting dupped to buying into this rally to get hit again. I got slaughtered yesterday and getting slaughtered today but I'm playing with a portion of house money right now. I'm about to move all in again to the short side.

Newest figures out, oil inventories adding 30 million barrels per day.

Last edited:
Airlines up about 15% on news that the DOT has approved skelaton schedules reducing flights 90% and screening traffic at US airports down 95% this week.

Market is going up to fast for this to be a real rally. I think it will test another low before it starts to rally to the end of the year. Took some profits a little too early yesterday and I am still betting against this run with SQQQ.

That's the thing though, they've been so far behind the news this go around it's mind boggling. I think it's big money coordinating during low volume after hours trading to steer the market. I haven't heard a single big investor say now is the time, they're all saying the same thing. This is basically a pump and dump. If the rally was real and based on real things gold wouldn't be creeping up. It would be on a rocket. Here's why. If you inject Trillions into a market and there is a ton of pent up demand about to be released it would be ultimate inflationary environment. Gold has gone up 3% in the 12% run up in the market. All you need to make money in the market is movement and it's certainly moving but I fear for all those that sold positions on the run down getting dupped to buying into this rally to get hit again. I got slaughtered yesterday and getting slaughtered today but I'm playing with a portion of house money right now. I'm about to move all in again to the short side.

Newest figures out, oil inventories adding 30 million barrels per day.

I don't understand gold's relative pricing anymore, it hasn't made sense to me for a couple of years. I don't it has the same price dynamics that it used to. But I think what you're saying is that the gold market is an indicator of how much fluff is in the equities rally.

I agree this is a likely a fake rally. I think it will go at least through this week. I'm watching closely but I sold out of my Carnival puts this morning basically at even. I picked up long positions (ZBRA last Thursday, QQQ on Friday, AAL and FDX yesterday) and gonna ride it til it turns.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom