The Investment Thread (8 Viewers)

So the Dow rallies 400 points in a matter of minutes. When the rally is over, White House tweets out that they aren't against the next recovery package.

Market manipulation in front of everyone.

And we arent privy to getting the information before the market does. We are always 1 step behind as individual investors.

I really need to get some inside information on what the next tweet is going to be... I could make millions off this.

Open a brokerage house, have a few billion under management, include some political types in your annual campaign disbursement fund, have a few private dinners with them, exchange cell numbers....viola.

you are in.

i feel like a pigeon sometimes at the feet of that guy waiting for his crumbs. So disheartening.

Sold at SPY 278 and change on open. I split that into three equal limit orders at 240, 250, and 260, to see what I can catch amongst the turbulence.

If I don't hit those and we start seeing believable growth again, I'll eat a few percentage point loss and jump back in.

I'm doing the same thing with VOO with limit orders at 247 and 233.

Markets down big again in premarket. Will be interesting to see if it rallies again or if today is the ugly day. Just a few hours ago futures were up led by airlines so who knows.

Nasdaq is about to open down much lower than the other indexes. Wonder if that is a sign that money is flowing out of the big tech companies and into the beat up small caps and harder hit sectors or if it is money running for the sidelines. Given the other indexes are also down and the bond market is getting crushed, it looks like people are taking profits and flying to safety. If that money is flowing to travel stocks it's a really good indicator. If it's flowing to bonds it's really bad.

Nasdaq is about to open down much lower than the other indexes. Wonder if that is a sign that money is flowing out of the big tech companies and into the beat up small caps and harder hit sectors or if it is money running for the sidelines. Given the other indexes are also down and the bond market is getting crushed, it looks like people are taking profits and flying to safety. If that money is flowing to travel stocks it's a really good indicator. If it's flowing to bonds it's really bad.

I would think people will be fleeing to relative safety. Travel stocks seem far from safe. Same for small caps even if already beat up. Not a whole lot of really safe options at this point. Tough market.

So last week I read about this Vancouver company that is developing psychotherapy treatment meds using psilocybin mushrooms and ketamine - and that the company was very serious and the psychotherapy community was very receptive. The company was trading at 70 cents.

It's now up to 89 cents. The symbol is SHRMF, the company is Champignon Brands. They just announced a $10M private capital deal at 85 cents, so that drove the jump.

$1.20

Retail almost 2x more of a drop than expected.

I feel like we're starting to reach the breaking point of bad news. Especially if the stimulus engine doesn't crank back up. Liquidity in the hands of average people is the only thing propping it up right now. As soon as the money to spend and invest runs out, I think we'll start looking ugly.

Retail almost 2x more of a drop than expected.

I feel like we're starting to reach the breaking point of bad news. Especially if the stimulus engine doesn't crank back up. Liquidity in the hands of average people is the only thing propping it up right now. As soon as the money to spend and invest runs out, I think we'll start looking ugly.

Yeah, and my short retail ETF ($EMTY) is still down. I hate that damn thing. It's junk, don't ever buy it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom