The Investment Thread (15 Viewers)

Me. Nice gains this morning. I'm out of it.
I hopped out at $29 but grabbed some back at $27.50. Ton of option calls at $30 so going to try and get that extra 4%. Soros bought in big this morning so that should get a better floor than past few days. After it hits $30 going to look for a pull back to hold it long term. My favorite business model in the market at the moment.

What a day with Draftking and SHRMF.

Made some really good day trades on draftking too. Wanted to hold it overnight but sold all but a small position, short term downside risk outweighs upside right now.

Reapplied a hefty short to LYV at the bell but sitting cash heavy. Hopefully LYV doesn't make me sick in the morning.

The disconnect between the futures market and the stock market is quite unusual this week. It feels like big money is moving out as small money is moving in.

Looks like investors are ready to go risk on. Apparently there is nearly $5T sitting in deposit accounts getting anxious to get back in while there's still marginal gains upward.

Looks like investors are ready to go risk on. Apparently there is nearly $5T sitting in deposit accounts getting anxious to get back in while there's still marginal gains upward.
Moderna news.

Shoot they are up 40% pre market. Looks like good news on vaccine trail. Now going to phase 3 by July.

Boy did I step in it. Shorted Live Nation and Moderna came in with their news this morning. Ouch.

yeah, I'm considering taking all my discretionary funds and just paying off my mortgage. I'm generally against that b/c my effective rate on my mortgage is under 3 percent (after tax deduction of mortgage interest), and generally market returns greatly exceed that. However, a guaranteed 3% return doesn't seem so bad to me right now.

Well, glad I haven't done this yet.

LOL.

I pulled my money out a few days ago about 5 percentage points and change lower. :covri:

Still trust the decision though. I'm going to hang out on the sidelines regardless.

I think that's probably a safe play. I'm trying to remind myself to not try to time the market or any of that, but I think the S&P 500 is only 10% of it's highs, which seems kind of risky.

I would think if we have a second wave of the virus without a vaccine or good therapeutics, then we're going to retest our lows. I think I'll probably see if we get within 10% of the all time highs and if so, I'll probably bounce out for a bit with my discretionary stuff.

HEI gets downgraded from a BUY to HOLD by Canaccord Genuity (who?), with a set price of $90, and HEI then surges up 9%... huh?

I know the market is up as a whole, but interesting how much HEI bounced (still down a LOT since last year).

I guess it makes sense with DAL up 12% and other airlines up a lot on good sentiments for a vaccine.

For the short term, I got in at the wrong time for DAL. I am betting on them long term, but I probably should stick with short term views, or just play the S&P500 long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom