The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

This is exactly the problem I was trying to point out. Success is not money. To believe success is money is to be greedy and ignore the value of a person just for being.

IMHO success is happiness and safety. All I want is enough to have a little plot of land near a mountain stream so I can listen to the water bubble at I drink my morning coffee. I don't need millions or billions of dollars to do that and I reject that premise that I need money to be successful. I think everyone should have an opportunity to find a reasonable place of happiness and safety.

I supported my son's decision to give up engineering to teach since that gave him more satisfaction with himself. We need more people who are willing to do that and demand liveable wages for doing it rather than chasing some dream that wealth will make them successes and happy.

It's a cycle where enough is never enough because of the only thing that makes you feel good is making more money, then you do things counter productive to society and your well being.

absolutely. the old adage goes- if you love your work, you'll never work a day in your life. Im doing same w/ my oldest. Dont pursue a career based only off income. If you do, you will chase that rabbit forever. Instead, focus on what makes you fulfilled and happy.

Great post on Fathers Day. Thats EXACTLY what fathers do.

lol, I hadn't even looked at that stock in a couple weeks. Yikes!

I'm tucking it away for the long haul. Boom or bust.

Yeah it's a long play. I think they're doing new financing and the share price on those deals is below $1, so it's driving price down. Normal cycle.

Looks like Champignon Brands Inc has been served a Cease Trade Order, not really certain what that means for the long run...

Looks like Champignon Brands Inc has been served a Cease Trade Order, not really certain what that means for the long run...

I ended up limping back into the market after I sold awhile back. Gave up about half of my gains that I made from selling in February and buying back in near the bottom. :mad:

Never fight the FED, boys. Lesson learned. I'm all the way back in. Let the printing presses continue.

I ended up limping back into the market after I sold awhile back. Gave up about half of my gains that I made from selling in February and buying back in near the bottom. :mad:

Never fight the FED, boys. Lesson learned. I'm all the way back in. Let the printing presses continue.
I can't. I probably should but I can't.

Fox ran an interview where Peter Navarro said the China deal is over and Dow future dropped 400 points. He corrected himself after Fox ran the interview and Dow future recovered. Trump also sent out a tweet about it. We may see some wild swings tomorrow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom