The Investment Thread (12 Viewers)

Somebody with a lot more money than him is going to see one of those tweets and run a game on him.
I have benefited from being in stocks that he eventually bought (and proceeded to broadcast to his followers), and that has been great, but he is just taking folks advice and not performing any due diligence, so he can make a quick dollar and back out 10 min later (has he ever shared when he has sold a stock).

Why is Discover (DFS) getting hammered today?

Derp.. never mind.. overall market sell off.

Talk about a missed opportunity. Dell announces that it may spin off VMware, or buy it out completely (not happening), or do nothing. Basically Dell said nothing and the stock shot up almost $14 in after hours trading. I sold at $154 and it was up to $161.95 today. Now it's settled back to $152 ish.

Personally, I'm really hoping Dell spins off VMW. But, from what I read, they can't do it until Sept next year or they'll take a huge tax hit. I really do like Michael Dell and his strategy but there have been issues. A reverse takeover may work but IMO it only works if VMware's CEO takes over as CEO of the overall company with Michael Dell being chairman of the board.

Bed bath and Beyond.

Retail store which has gotten hammered with shutdowns and one I've been shorting for years.

I'm changing my tune. They've steadily gotten better with online sales and I'm starting to think if home improvement is such a big thing as well as e-commerce then why wouldn't BBBY work? Home sales are good, people have to fill those homes. People are fixing up the outside of their homes, why not the inside? I'm buying the dip here. Think their earnings may surprise in a couple weeks.

This is more for folks who travel from NO to Houston. $39 fares...

This is more for folks who travel from NO to Houston. $39 fares...
I love the way they call it a fare war. It's actually called not price fixing and will be the first time I've seen the airlines legally pricing tickets in at least 5 years.

Do any of y’all listen to RobinHood Snacks podcast?
No but I am interested. I've been using the robintrack website more to observe than anything. There is some big time pumping and dumping going on with a lot of the penny stocks. It's rare I mess with them and when I do it's slip a little away for long holds when I like the company or purely betting. The other bigger stocks on Robintracker have been some of the biggest moving stocks in the market over the past few years so either there is more money moving in those robinhood accounts than people think or they're really good at picking stocks.

No but I am interested. I've been using the robintrack website more to observe than anything. There is some big time pumping and dumping going on with a lot of the penny stocks. It's rare I mess with them and when I do it's slip a little away for long holds when I like the company or purely betting. The other bigger stocks on Robintracker have been some of the biggest moving stocks in the market over the past few years so either there is more money moving in those robinhood accounts than people think or they're really good at picking stocks.

I opened the Robinhood app today to poke around trying to figure out how so many of their users end up pouring into a stock all at once. The Robintrack seems a little too late for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom