The Investment Thread (8 Viewers)

Big hit to BYND, McDonald's trial was not successful and will not carry the brand.

The RobinHood snacks Podcasts are brief (17-25 min), and just go over 3 items to keep an eye on. They aren’t a research report or investment advice, but if you listen to the podcast and track the stocks they talk about you see a pop in those stocks. That does nothing for me since I am in banking and have to hold stocks for 30 days, but if you can move in and out of stocks same day, then it’s an easy way to flip a stock for a small profit.

Big hit to BYND, McDonald's trial was not successful and will not carry the brand.

figures.

i swear...i know Bayou said soon as he bought it would go down....but im the KING of buying in and then down.

sheesh.

so i just bought more to dollar cost average - my loss lol

Last edited:
Nasdaq down, dow is up. Could be the beginning of another rotation from tech to beaten up stocks. Support at SP 3020 is the 50 day moving average get below that and it's going to fall fast. 3055 is resistance, get above it and going to get a tailwind. Very tricky to with virus exploding.

figures.

i swear...i know Bayou said soon as he bought it would go down....but im the KING of buying in and then down.

sheesh.

so i just bought more to dollar cost average - my loss lol
I added a little only had a little will continue to DCA down if it continues to fall some.

I added a little only had a little will continue to DCA down if it continues to fall some.

Im now a bit concerned if McDonalds US follows suit, but short term concern. Long term growth is still forecasted to be strong and im not looking 1-2 months ahead, but 1-2 years.

Im now a bit concerned if McDonalds US follows suit, but short term concern. Long term growth is still forecasted to be strong and im not looking 1-2 months ahead, but 1-2 years.
I kind of saw this coming but didn't put it together until now. McDonalds has ripped almost half of their items off the menu to improve drive thru times by 25 seconds. When sit down restaurants are closed or people don't want to go in them combined with higher than average demand at the drive thru it's easy to see how they aren't interested in a covid environment.

I think that tune will change when the focus switches from Covid to climate.

Last edited:

I have tried the beyond burger and beyond sausage at Hardees. Both sucked, imo.
The impossible burger at BK was actually good.

Based on this vast experience of product, I would avoid beyond.:cool:

I have tried the beyond burger and beyond sausage at Hardees. Both sucked, imo.
The impossible burger at BK was actually good.

Based on this vast experience of product, I would avoid beyond.:cool:

I do both for my BiL who is full vegan during Thanksgiving when in town.

I did both on the pit....both were really quite good imo. I tried Gardien too- terrible - soy based.

I know Impossible Foods adds a bit to its burgers to give it "juice" akin to a beef patty would.

VXRT up over 100% today, wow. I try stay up on Fierce Pharma newsletters but not always (that is a lot of reading), so I went back to the Fierce website and searched for articles pertaining to Vaxart to see if I missed anything significant that would have tipped me off, but there was not much, bummer. I will have to expand my reading material...

VXRT up over 100% today, wow. I try stay up on Fierce Pharma newsletters but not always (that is a lot of reading), so I went back to the Fierce website and searched for articles pertaining to Vaxart to see if I missed anything significant that would have tipped me off, but there was not much, bummer. I will have to expand my reading material...
It was the #1 stock today on Robintrack but not until after the gains were posted.

It was the #1 stock today on Robintrack but not until after the gains were posted.
I kind of expected a stronger dip during the day, but VXRT really kept chugging, and is now up an additional 25% in pre-market. I am apprehensive about going in now after that tremendous run.

I kind of expected a stronger dip during the day, but VXRT really kept chugging, and is now up an additional 25% in pre-market. I am apprehensive about going in now after that tremendous run.
I'm not touching it.

I just stepped in front of train and shorted gap after a 40% run up on news of partnership with Kanye West.

Bed Bath and Beyond has been rolling even into the markets selling. Time for me to step out though. Was a nice 20% pop in a few days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom