The Investment Thread (4 Viewers)

SP getting close to the 200 day moving average. If it breaks through then watch out below. It sits near 3021.

Microsoft stores closing for good (except four that will be converted to "experience" locations).

Microsoft stores closing for good (except four that will be converted to "experience" locations).

just sold my QQQ and SMH positions. Stop loss on MSFT

FA said next week Trump to announce some covid breakthru, ( either Novavax or Innovio vaccine ) but i dont think it will be enough to stave off this 1.A wave of outbreaks and we still have q2 results to come in July ( which im sure market has baked in since March ) but if this 1.a wave continues its trajectory, top govt reluctant to do anything, corporations will start to follow each others lead in closing physical locations.

So im piling up cash and will sit the sidelines outside of BYND and ATT.

I got hammered for hanging on to DFS too long. When they were back in the green, I should have counted my blessings and sold.. now I'm a long hold..

just sold my QQQ and SMH positions. Stop loss on MSFT

FA said next week Trump to announce some covid breakthru, ( either Novavax or Innovio vaccine ) but i dont think it will be enough to stave off this 1.A wave of outbreaks and we still have q2 results to come in July ( which im sure market has baked in since March ) but if this 1.a wave continues its trajectory, top govt reluctant to do anything, corporations will start to follow each others lead in closing physical locations.

So im piling up cash and will sit the sidelines outside of BYND and ATT.
Does your FA believe in unicorns? If Trump had a covid breakthru he would be tripping over himself to get to a microphone to announce a game changing breakthrough to the virus that went away

Does your FA believe in unicorns? If Trump had a covid breakthru he would be tripping over himself to get to a microphone to announce a game changing breakthrough to the virus that went away

LOL he knows ...i think he was attempting to slow my thinking when i called to dump holdings. I told him...Market knows well before anyone. If there was a presser coming on a "breakthru", it would already be accounted for.

We are about to enter Q2 results season, you have corporations TAKING THE LEAD in closing stores, a government that has "inaction" at the top of their "to do today" list, and the virus seems to be finding exponential growth in many major cities.

LOL he knows ...i think he was attempting to slow my thinking when i called to dump holdings. I told him...Market knows well before anyone. If there was a presser coming on a "breakthru", it would already be accounted for.

We are about to enter Q2 results season, you have corporations TAKING THE LEAD in closing stores, a government that has "inaction" at the top of their "to do today" list, and the virus seems to be finding exponential growth in many major cities.
I've been 75% of my account short since open Monday morning. The other 25% and leverage have been using to day trade and a few shares of BYND to start the week, added a few more the other day. The short has paid off pretty well but the day trade of buying Bed Bath and Beyond on the low almost to the penny, then selling the high almost to the penny was a spectacular trade. Then I closed all my shorts and went damn near all in short on GPS when it was up 40%. Waited for it to hit long term resistance levels and pounced. Before I celebrate I'm probably holding this through the weekend and could get burned but I managed to catch the first 500 points down then catch the gap short.

Worst trade this week? Bought some 1 week calls on Wells Fargo at $31.50 just in case the stress test went better than expected and the market rallied. This was my hedge though.

I've been 75% of my account short since open Monday morning. The other 25% and leverage have been using to day trade and a few shares of BYND to start the week, added a few more the other day. The short has paid off pretty well but the day trade of buying Bed Bath and Beyond on the low almost to the penny, then selling the high almost to the penny was a spectacular trade. Then I closed all my shorts and went damn near all in short on GPS when it was up 40%. Waited for it to hit long term resistance levels and pounced. Before I celebrate I'm probably holding this through the weekend and could get burned but I managed to catch the first 500 points down then catch the gap short.

Worst trade this week? Bought some 1 week calls on Wells Fargo at $31.50 just in case the stress test went better than expected and the market rallied. This was my hedge though.

yeah day trading and making 5-10% profits daily add up quick. I wish i had the time. To really get into the options side. but my work requires my undivided attention and i could have a client for 30-45 minutes and in that span, go from black to deep red. So i just keep away from it.

But if we get another stay at home order, i will look at sparking an online trade account and do just that.

yeah day trading and making 5-10% profits daily add up quick. I wish i had the time. To really get into the options side. but my work requires my undivided attention and i could have a client for 30-45 minutes and in that span, go from black to deep red. So i just keep away from it.

But if we get another stay at home order, i will look at sparking an online trade account and do just that.
I have some puts on Carnival, Live Nation and AAL but went out 6 months and went for $3 on CCL and AAL. On LYV I wasn't nearly as aggressive and went $17. Live Nation will at least be able to make money internationally. Carnival likely wont cruise again until a vaccine. AAL is probably sitting in as bad of a position as any airline in the world. They don't really operate any international only flights and I just don't see a way for them to get to not losing money daily until a vaccine and they already have so much debt. At some point filing bankruptcy will probably be their best option.

Dont get me wrong though, on the backside of this I'm expecting markets to double in the next few years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom