The Investment Thread (14 Viewers)

Thinking about jumping on this.. MRNA at $75 right now

No Idea - if they hit it out of the park it will be big gains even from now. But there’s also a lot of insider selling going on. Isnt necessarily bad, they have to sell to cash in on their gains. But it could also signal that the insiders see more risk than the headlines and light articles suggest.

I’m a bit of an amateur at this, so how does that work.. i just use E-trade, can i put in an order tonight that would kick in at market open tomorrow- or does that only work for high rollers?
You could put in a market order tonight that will buy in first thing in the morning but more times than not when a stock gaps up like that it gets hit with a ton of selling pressure at the open, runs down big then the buyers start coming in and it runs back up. On something like this though, there really is no telling.

I’m a bit of an amateur at this, so how does that work.. i just use E-trade, can i put in an order tonight that would kick in at market open tomorrow- or does that only work for high rollers?

You could put in a market order like bclemms mentioned or just for the learning experience you can put in a limit order that’s good until cancelled. Depending on what limit you set, it will probably open above the limit price you set and the order won’t get filled, unless the stock starts drifting downward. I usually avoid trying to rush into stocks immediately after big news like this.

Big pull back from Moderna on opening. Also of note, for the second time in 6 weeks Moderna CEO and insiders selling a ton of stock just after a timed announcement. The last time they did this the data they released was pretty incomplete. I think the vaccine will work but I also think they have a lot more hurdles and Moderna has a combined 0 products with a $60 Billion market cap. So there is a lot of risk.

SP 3233 is quite the hurdle, if SP can get up around 3240 it should run wild. I'm not sure it wont be blowing a bubble though, the actual economy is going to struggle for a long while.

Interesting take.

that's a hell of a quote...

"Trump talking down COVID-19 risk gave investors an incredible gift -- it kept markets resilient much longer than they should have, and enabled us to ensure our portfolio was sensibly positioned."

Translation: "it kept people's head in the sand, so we could maneuver around them, before the market dropped"

LOW and HD are breaking 52wk highs. That was so predictable. They were the only things open for months that was not food based. People are stuck at home and have time to notice/fix the issues. Its summer which is the season for repairs. I even posted in May about going to HD a bunch...

Tesla is the number one "green" brand. Musk has pretty much delivered on what he's said he was going to make, maybe not on time. It looks to me to be where all the large institutional money running from the oil industry is going. I remember reading an article making the case that Tesla will be the number one carmaker for the foreseeable future due to the data their cars generate. No one else comes close.

Tesla is the number one "green" brand. Musk has pretty much delivered on what he's said he was going to make, maybe not on time. It looks to me to be where all the large institutional money running from the oil industry is going. I remember reading an article making the case that Tesla will be the number one carmaker for the foreseeable future due to the data their cars generate. No one else comes close.
I completely agree but the stock is priced like they've already achieved that.

Edit: I'm also obviously the one that has been wrong this point since I don't own it and you do. lol

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom