The Investment Thread (11 Viewers)

Markets are a bit neutral, to down.

My usual go to stocks are either neutral or slightly up pre-market. I already pulled out of a couple things, but letting a lot ride for now. We'll see if I keep doing that. Some of it is a long play, like DAL, DFS, and PBW, so I can deal with drops and may even buy more if they drop enough.

Markets are a bit neutral, to down.

My usual go to stocks are either neutral or slightly up pre-market. I already pulled out of a couple things, but letting a lot ride for now. We'll see if I keep doing that. Some of it is a long play, like DAL, DFS, and PBW, so I can deal with drops and may even buy more if they drop enough.

If the market is neutral after that GDP number, it tells you everything you need to know about the market for the near term.

If the market is neutral after that GDP number, it tells you everything you need to know about the market for the near term.
Climbing up now... we'll see if there is momentum or not. No changes in my strategy yet.

Both AMZN and APPL came out with good ERs yesterday but APPL is down almost 6% and AMZN is down 4%. Doesn't look good for overall market short term.

Both AMZN and APPL came out with good ERs yesterday but APPL is down almost 6% and AMZN is down 4%. Doesn't look good for overall market short term.

Q3 results have always perplexed me.

2-3 years back FB was poised to break out. Had a massive q3 result and instead lost almost $12 a share ( when it was around $130 ) and i sold off that thinking if the market is selling on great results, gotta mean something bigger comin.

Same scenario now- APPL, MSFT, AMZN...shoot everything. Too much downward pressure i guess. Couple with complete lack of Congress to even consider some sort of stimulus, spiking COVID cases that could lead to regional shut downs...

I’m going to hold onto my TSLA and AAPL for now- but man, they are both looking as ugly as I’ve ever seen them.... I guess this is what happens when you have a still-raging pandemic with no federal stimulus or help or plan for several months.

I’m going to hold onto my TSLA and AAPL for now- but man, they are both looking as ugly as I’ve ever seen them.... I guess this is what happens when you have a still-raging pandemic with no federal stimulus or help or plan for several months.

All this will correct in coming weeks/months.

on a side note - i rode in Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor performance yesterday with full auto pilot ( spoke on the EV TRuck thread )

Unreal automobile. Its just a fantastic piece of engineering.

These and a few other stocks are those that I will hold for years.

Link?

I mean, i hope you are right.. but seriously Shirley, what makes you confident in this statement?

The market is cyclical. In the end, its always stair stepping higher. Buy on dips, hold.

If you really lucky, you can sell when high, wait for dip and amass more shares on buying the dip.

Don't look now...but the markets about to take a significant jump this morning. Futures up 1200 points. :shocked:

Don't look now...but the markets about to take a significant jump this morning. Futures up 1200 points. :shocked:
Pfizer news that their vaccine is 90% effective.

Pretty big news.

Pfizer news that their vaccine is 90% effective.

Pretty big news.
Wish I had bought more. They were the one vaccine company I bought and my smallest purchase this year.

I added 50% more RKT at 18.90.

Also Dow future up almost 1800!?! What is the largest one day jump?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom