The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

Bitcoin has officially hit ONE TRILLION DOLLARS in value.. glad i finally bought some earlier this week, but wish i woulda done it years ago.

So did I. Actually did both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash by mistake. The increase in value won't allow me to complain though.

Speaking of crypto payment options, there is a company called Initiative Q who is giving our their "coins" for free by referrals. I won't put my referral link here, but I'll be glad to PM it on request.

Here's some info. www.initiativeQ.com

About Initiative Q
Initiative Q is the brainchild of Saar Wilf, a serial entrepreneur who started his first payments start-up in 1997, and later founded Fraud Sciences, which redefined the payment security space and was acquired by PayPal in 2008.

Wilf has compiled a team of experts from a variety of disciplines, including mathematics, economics, and other social sciences. The economic and monetary models were developed with Economist Lawrence White, a professor of monetary theory and policy at George Mason University, and reviewed by our advisory board members listed below.

The idea behind Initiative Q is to first create a critical mass of users, which can then be harnessed to create the world’s best payment network. Therefore, our primary focus is to get millions of Q members registered, after which we will continue recruiting the world’s top professionals in payment systems, macroeconomics, and Internet technologies.

MSRT made a 23% gain today. I bought in in 2016 and it's cratered since then so way behind, but finally turned a profit this quarter. Tempted to throw more at it now since it's so cheap and maybe come out ahead overall.

Article was published in March 2020. Three environmentally healthy stocks that could do well.

All three went up by over 100% since the article.

Do any of you think a cheaper crypto has potential?

There are definitely lots of cheaper crypto that have a great chance of blowing up.. the problem is it’s like Vegas, no one knows which ones will pay off... That’s why i tried to open a Binance account, so i could throw some money at a few different ones, just relatively small amounts each, on the chance that one of them grows exponentially .. but their verification process is so cumbersome, I haven’t been approved to buy crypto and i stopped trying.. just document After document, then there would be a glitch, and the customer service is useless.. i have A Coinbase account, but I’m not sure if they have any of the cheaper crypto, I haven’t checked- feel free to let me know if any of yall are familiar with any that are traded by Coinbase.

There are definitely lots of cheaper crypto that have a great chance of blowing up.. the problem is it’s like Vegas, no one knows which ones will pay off... That’s why i tried to open a Binance account, so i could throw some money at a few different ones, just relatively small amounts each, on the chance that one of them grows exponentially .. but their verification process is so cumbersome, I haven’t been approved to buy crypto and i stopped trying.. just document After document, then there would be a glitch, and the customer service is useless.. i have A Coinbase account, but I’m not sure if they have any of the cheaper crypto, I haven’t checked- feel free to let me know if any of yall are familiar with any that are traded by Coinbase.

I have a Coinbase account. It's only a few weeks old, but it seems pretty cool. There are quite a few different coins on there and they have options where you can take a few courses and earn coins, usually the cheaper ones, but it totals about $30+ dollars. There are some that are paying rewards, with three of them in the 4-6% range. So far I have only put about $60-70 of my own money in there and earned another ~$30. I also bought $10 of Bitcoin when I first opened the account so that's up a few dollars. My thought process is I'll just buy up some of the cheap ones and try to buy some of the more popular ones when I can. If I get lucky a couple might take off. Coinbase also has if you refer someone you get $10 in Bitcoin.

I agree that the Binance verification process is very painful, but I wonder if the other sites will need to up their verification wall with the US government looking to regulate crypto backwards 100 years.

I've only used Binance so far, but it's pretty slick.

If you're looking at smaller coins, they are mostly lottery tickets but I'd try one of the ones that has a larger market cap (since it in my mind the # of cryptos that will achieve general public usage is probably going to be counted on 1 hand). ADA is the one I went with, got in at 0.64 a couple weeks back and it is up to 1.05 now. I'd probably avoid DOGE.

XLM and Tezos come to mind as lower priced. They aren't in the range of say a dogecoin pre-blow up though. XLM is around .50$ and Tezo's @5$. Tezos (XTC) is paying out 4.63% atm. Algorand is another cheaper one and paying out 6%. Then you have the graph, REN, Orchid, and quite a few more. Coinbase has pledged to add them as they find ones which meet their standards what ever that is. Also, you can do the training and they'll give you 6-10$ on some which if you get in early can be pretty nice for watching some 2 min videos.

I got in a habit of just buying 50$-100$ on them as they get listed on Coinbase. So far I'm not down on any and a few are up 10x atm. Totally missed on a few that I should have bought and didn't tho. Tezos and Link are doing well for me. I'd love XTC XLM and DNT to get picked up by the 'Vegas' effect.

Last edited:
I have the following on Coinbase:

Cosmos (ATOM) (earns rewards)
Stellar Lumens (XLM) - purchased some and earned ~$9 worth on Coinbase
Bitcoin, just a fraction
Tezos (XTZ) (earns rewards)
Ren (REN)
Ox (ZRX)
Compound (COMP) - earned on Coinbase
Celo (CGLD)
Algorand (ALGO) (earns rewards)
NuCypher(NU) - earned on Coinbase
The Graph (GRT) - earned on Coinbase

I think Ren, Celo and Ox were also earned on Coinbase.

I have the following on Coinbase:

Cosmos (ATOM) (earns rewards)
Stellar Lumens (XLM) - purchased some and earned ~$9 worth on Coinbase
Bitcoin, just a fraction
Tezos (XTZ) (earns rewards)
Ren (REN)
Ox (ZRX)
Compound (COMP) - earned on Coinbase
Celo (CGLD)
Algorand (ALGO) (earns rewards)
NuCypher(NU) - earned on Coinbase
The Graph (GRT) - earned on Coinbase

I think Ren, Celo and Ox were also earned on Coinbase.
Very similar, I did buy a few ETH relatively cheap. Happy with the gain for now and if they sniff BTC value something about a puppy with two peters...

Ran across this article. I don't know if it's a valid way to value the coin or not but since you're already in it, might be good news.

I really thought I discovered the ultimate penny stock. $Boty. It’s lingerie championship wrestling and is currently trading at $0.0023. They have a nice updated website. An actual product (women do wrestle in underwear on pay per view and many motorcycle events).

But someone on Reddit made it go “big” just 20 days ago. It was trading at 0.0001.

Don’t know if I’m to late. Their Twitter page now posts the hashtag #$boty on every tweet now.

I really thought I discovered the ultimate penny stock. $Boty. It’s lingerie championship wrestling and is currently trading at $0.0023. They have a nice updated website. An actual product (women do wrestle in underwear on pay per view and many motorcycle events).

But someone on Reddit made it go “big” just 20 days ago. It was trading at 0.0001.

Don’t know if I’m to late. Their Twitter page now posts the hashtag #$boty on every tweet now.

Yeah. People are always on the lookout for clever ticker symbols. For example, $GAYMF.

My current penny plays are $ETFM (expected to change to $FOMO at some point), $GTEH, $HCMC, $MINE, and $NSPR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom