The Investment Thread (3 Viewers)

038EF800-02A9-4557-8AAC-D6AB12EA313E.jpeg
All the shorts used up. Hopefully this gets going.Edit - only 7 thousand shorts left for today

Edit 2 - only 3K shorts left. HFs do not like this being near 220.
If all the shorts are out then it's no longer a short squeeze and the short covering means less buyers. Am I seeing this wrong?

Last week flew to Colorado with a layover in Dallas. All three airports were slammed. Both flights were slammed. Flew back and the Denver airports was nuts, in DFW the train was so slammed that there was no room to get on and I had to wait for the next one and even then it was like sardines and both flights were fully packed. All 4 of those flights I had voucher offers from AAL to switch flights due to overbooking. It was so bad that when I stepped off the plane in Denver I added a large position to AAL. Yesterday I flew from CLT back home to Jackson and again, the airports were slammed, flights were packed. I haven't been able to find a rental car in 4 different cities the last week and have resorted to renting vehicles from Enterprise truck rental and Uhaul.

The travel industry is starting a boom that is likely going to last several years.

Pay attention to inflation. The fed has continued to indicate it will allow inflation to run hot and that is a really good thing for high debt companies because that debt will be worth a lot less in a few years. The travel sector is about to get overrun to the point they will be charging exceedingly high prices due to demand and profits are about to boom.

Last week flew to Colorado with a layover in Dallas. All three airports were slammed. Both flights were slammed. Flew back and the Denver airports was nuts, in DFW the train was so slammed that there was no room to get on and I had to wait for the next one and even then it was like sardines and both flights were fully packed. All 4 of those flights I had voucher offers from AAL to switch flights due to overbooking. It was so bad that when I stepped off the plane in Denver I added a large position to AAL. Yesterday I flew from CLT back home to Jackson and again, the airports were slammed, flights were packed. I haven't been able to find a rental car in 4 different cities the last week and have resorted to renting vehicles from Enterprise truck rental and Uhaul.

The travel industry is starting a boom that is likely going to last several years.

Pay attention to inflation. The fed has continued to indicate it will allow inflation to run hot and that is a really good thing for high debt companies because that debt will be worth a lot less in a few years. The travel sector is about to get overrun to the point they will be charging exceedingly high prices due to demand and profits are about to boom.
One thing that's missing from the analysis is the slack they have in the system. It's crazy busy, because they have a lot of aircraft grounded. At some point they bring them back into operation, so price demand won't shoot up as fast, but it will obviously go back up to 'normal', with maybe a short term premium, since Airlines will hesitate putting too many other birds back in the lineup.

But I agree.. AAL has been a laggard compared to Delta, who I already sold out of my position with more than enough profit to be happy. I bought some AAL today, since they still have room to run, and I'm far less worried about bankruptcy now.

And hoping this ends up being true for Carnival...

1616178073726.png

One thing that's missing from the analysis is the slack they have in the system. It's crazy busy, because they have a lot of aircraft grounded. At some point they bring them back into operation, so price demand won't shoot up as fast, but it will obviously go back up to 'normal', with maybe a short term premium, since Airlines will hesitate putting too many other birds back in the lineup.

But I agree.. AAL has been a laggard compared to Delta, who I already sold out of my position with more than enough profit to be happy. I bought some AAL today, since they still have room to run, and I'm far less worried about bankruptcy now.
Yes, much like oil, there is a combination of pent up demand and excess supply. As vaccines continue to roll out I firmly believe that the pent up supply will be rapidly consumed. I also know the airlines are going to be able to control bringing things back online and will be able to control prices to some extent, much like OPEC is doing with oil by not opening the valves all the way at once. Combine that with inflationary pressures that will effectively reduce AAL's debt it not only takes bankruptcy off the table but creates a situation that allows revenue to debt ratio to quickly blossom. I've also been dealing with a lot of production companies in the UK and the pent up demand coming from international areas is about to explode as well as they are starting to crank up production in April. I know many countries will be lagging but the big revenue sources are already in a big upswing and it's about to run wild.

Yes, much like oil, there is a combination of pent up demand and excess supply. As vaccines continue to roll out I firmly believe that the pent up supply will be rapidly consumed. I also know the airlines are going to be able to control bringing things back online and will be able to control prices to some extent, much like OPEC is doing with oil by not opening the valves all the way at once. Combine that with inflationary pressures that will effectively reduce AAL's debt it not only takes bankruptcy off the table but creates a situation that allows revenue to debt ratio to quickly blossom. I've also been dealing with a lot of production companies in the UK and the pent up demand coming from international areas is about to explode as well as they are starting to crank up production in April. I know many countries will be lagging but the big revenue sources are already in a big upswing and it's about to run wild.
Yeah, our biggest issue will be how fast demand comes back. We have more supply on hand, I believe, then we'd like, but we're still down about 15-20% staff. We were barely meeting demand when we were fully staffed, because sales were so high. We were in expansion mode. A few people, we might be able to bring back, but it's been almost a year. And finding new hires is a real problem. Our types of jobs or jobs you can do from home, overall have a 3.7% unemployment number.

Manufacturing is going to have a harder time growing, but I think we all have slack for the near future to spool back up without issue.

If all the shorts are out then it's no longer a short squeeze and the short covering means less buyers. Am I seeing this wrong?
It was shorts available to borrow today. But they are still shorting it like crazy. I don’t know where they are getting these “shares”.

I really hope GameStop announces Ryan Cohen as CEO next Wednesday. And if so, the first thing he does is issue a share call back.

GME finished at 200.27. All the $200 calls in the money. 1.4 million in volume from 3:59 to 4:00. Most likely the push back? Retail desperate to leave ahead of the earnings build up next Wednesday ? Or hedges borrowing back and forth with each other to short?

GME finished at 200.27. All the $200 calls in the money. 1.4 million in volume from 3:59 to 4:00. Most likely the push back? Retail desperate to leave ahead of the earnings build up next Wednesday ? Or hedges borrowing back and forth with each other to short?
“The Roaring Kitty” tweeted the following earlier today.

I found this really funny

There's close to 10 million people subscribed to that sub so it's hard to gather anything from the upvote/downvote algorithm, especially when Reddit automatically "fuzzes" its vote totals as a form of bot spam prevention.

It was shorts available to borrow today. But they are still shorting it like crazy. I don’t know where they are getting these “shares”.

I really hope GameStop announces Ryan Cohen as CEO next Wednesday. And if so, the first thing he does is issue a share call back.

Either they're naked shorting, or they're closing shorts to bring the price up a little, slowly over-time, and then re-shorting it back down quickly to create panic sales.

I wouldn't trust any short interest data at this stage, specifically as it relates to both GME and AMC.

There's close to 10 million people subscribed to that sub so it's hard to gather anything from the upvote/downvote algorithm, especially when Reddit automatically "fuzzes" its vote totals as a form of bot spam prevention.
Yep you are correct.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom