The Investment Thread (8 Viewers)

What I think will happen is that at some point the Hedges will need to acquire millions of real tangible shares. And I think they are shaking the tree violently right now as shares start to shake loose. Just my thoughts. Minimal financial experience and it probably shows.

This is the game. That's why everyone says to buy and hold.

You state that today that the hedgies "won," but the truth of the matter is, all today and this whole week is is an illusion to scare people. At the end of the day, at some point, they must close all of these positions. With a quickly increasing short borrow rate, along with AMC themselves taking procedural steps to rid the market of all synthetic shares of its stock by May 4th, the hedge funds know their time is running short, hence why they've put their manipulation tactics into overdrive.

It's a numbers game and a waiting game at this point, and only the strong will survive.

Add to this. Today the DTCC rule was just passed by the SEC at market close today. This means that they now have the power to see positional data by institutions at the snap of their fingers.

This is coming to a head. Even Jim Cramer said this afternoon that hedges are screwed (in other words than that).

Do you happen to have a source for this info? I could not find any news pertaining to something passing at market close yesterday; I have seen a lot of mixed info on not only this rule's passing/timing, but also its ramifications, so maybe you can point me in the right direction.

AMC up 11% as well

Don't fall for it just yet. I have been tracking these both very closely, daily, more so AMC since I have a heavy stake in it...the general pattern when they're walking it back is to pump it in the morning by closing shorts, then around lunch time, re-initiate the short-selling/short laddering to drive it down.

They then drive it back up slightly again, then have it barcode for the next 2 to 3 hours, before finally tanking it back down at about 2:00 central.

Maybe it's different today and this thing may have indeed bottomed out yesterday, but I have my doubts. I think this is all about them trying to shake paper-hands by forcing panic-sells, while also trying to ward off inexperienced new buyers that just got their stimulus payments and may not truly understand the game being played right now and simply sees a stock tanking, frustrating them and discouraging them from re-entering.

I must admit, if I had a multi-billion dollar institution set to be on the brink of major losses, this would be one of the strategies I'd deploy to try to mitigate at least some of the loss that inevitably must come. It wouldn't surprise me if they're also doing this to acquire some more long shares as well for their hedge position, so they can ride the wave of their own mistake upward slightly more as well.

I also would not necessarily mind resorting to illegal tactics if I had to, because the amount of money they're set to lose, to me, is definitely "Take a charge and short prison term if I have to in order to mitigate even just a portion of my losses" money.

GME and AMC up 31% and 21% now respectively. Fully expecting some type of Hedge games around lunch.

Yep...the dip just started. Been trading in the $10.85 to $11.00 range all this time, and right on cue, just as people are getting ready to leave their cubicles and look at their phone apps, the price drop begins. $10.49 now and counting (downward). So predictable.

In the GME earnings report yesterday they dedicated a section to a looming short squeeze and warned potential investors to not buy in during the squeeze as there may be a sharp decline after it tops out.

I think GME and AMC investments (whether it’s puts, calls, options, shares, whatever) should only be with money that you could afford to lose. Just especially with these two as you never know what’s gonna happen. GME could be $500 a share in two weeks or $50.

That's why it is important to get in early with AMC. My cost basis is $9.02, which is coincidentally where we closed yesterday.

I like the current price levels because even without the squeeze, with theaters re-opening, this stock should level out slightly above this at some point.

I really don't like GME though...too much to lose there, with minimal gain. To me, at this stage, 15 shares of AMC holds far more upside and far less downside value than 1 share of GME, so AMC is the one to load up on.

One thing I would like to chime in with, as it relates some to the Motley Fool and other many and numerous pay for investment tips/touts.

Never ever have been a fan of pay/subscribe for investment advice services. It is no less than paying for so called, “expert sports wagering tips”. If they all were so confident in their OWN analysis, they would simply invest/bet their own money. Instead, they USE everyone else’s money from those that pay into their services.

Read, study, run test filters with charts and invest on your own knowledge. It is far more rewarding.
And paper trade your strategy.

I would sell those AMC puts soon if I were you. Don't get greedy.

Nope. going to hold them.

giphy.gif

Still times to secure your profits though.

Retail investors already won but didn't realize it because their main goal wasn't to win, it was for others to lose. I mean, they took a $2 stock to $450 and didn't realize they won.
If I had any sizable stake in a $2 stock that ran to $450 I'd have punched out and be pondering my next move...in Fiji

One thing I would like to chime in with, as it relates some to the Motley Fool and other many and numerous pay for investment tips/touts.

Never ever have been a fan of pay/subscribe for investment advice services. It is no less than paying for so called, “expert sports wagering tips”. If they all were so confident in their OWN analysis, they would simply invest/bet their own money. Instead, they USE everyone else’s money from those that pay into their services.

Read, study, run test filters with charts and invest on your own knowledge. It is far more rewarding.

Obviously this is coming with semi-biased lenses, but what I have learned over this AMC/GME saga is that the Motley Fool is a pumper/dumper, with their own self-interests at heart with their pieces. They're bought. It is crystal clear to me that they've been tasked to put out hit pieces on certain stocks, by someone.

Literally every day, hit pieces on the same stocks, even after good days. During the process of AMC climbing 150% in this past month month, they were one of the main ones yelling "SELL! It's going down to a $.01!!!" to anyone that would listen. It's become a running joke among the Investment Facebook group I am a part of and other message boards I read.

Opened a couple soft positions on the NASDAQ dip this morning. If it starts dipping again between now and next week I'll just double down. I don't see this volatility continuing for much longer.

If I had any sizable stake in a $2 stock that ran to $450 I'd have punched out and be pondering my next move...in Fiji

You?!

The very moment this stock reaches those levels, this will be me, even if I am in the middle of a meeting.

tenor.gif

In all seriousness though, if/when this stock reaches those levels, that is definitely "go home immediately" worthy, not just because of the financial security you'd now have, but also to literally just be there to stare at the screen and manage the money as far as position closing/potential re-entry, etc.

Since the Dome is now sponsored by Caesars, I thought I'd look at that stock.

From $6 to $86 in 6 months.

Why has this shot up so significantly esp compared to Wynn and MGM??

Guessing acquisitions, along with sports gambling becoming legalized and more accepted among leagues. They're taking over. Definitely a position worth holding in a diversified portfolio looking for steady long term growth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom