The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

DogeCoin is nuts. Wow. Up 54% in 24 hours.

Five years ago it was $0.00024. If you put$1,400 into it five years ago you would have just over 1 million dollars
If you had 1400 to put into DogeCoin 5 years ago, it's likely you don't need the money it made.

At some point do we rename this the 'gambling thread'? ;)
I was fully prepared to lose every dime I've put into crypto. That's why I've let it ride as long as I have and didn't panic sell when it crashed to 50% of what I'd put in. In fact, slowly added small additional buys while it was down.

So yeah, it is pretty much gambling the way I look at it. But that's not much different than the stock market to me.

I pay attention to more of this stuff now. Sometimes they dog something to increase their own position. And sometimes they hype things up to create an exit strategy.
So true, there's a ton of self-interested propaganda out there. Even if someone is being honest with their analysis, they probably have investments in the companies they like and don't invest in ones they don't, and therefore have a bias. To get truthful, unbiased investment analysis you'd probably have to go to someone without any investments of their own.

So, what should I invest the $0.05 I received in an actual check from Capital One yesterday? Yes, they sent me a check for $0.05. I deposited it today out of spite...

So, what should I invest the $0.05 I received in an actual check from Capital One yesterday? Yes, they sent me a check for $0.05. I deposited it today out of spite...
If you don’t have commission fees. Then $BOTY

Unrelated
Implied volatility (IV) for GME tomorrow is going insane. Looks like it could be a violent day. Hopefully up.

Doge at 0.27. Crazy. What crazy investment times we are in. From the short squeeze meme stocks, to pot stocks, to the tech stocks, to cyptos going through the roof.

At some point do we rename this the 'gambling thread'? ;)
Much of the stock market and crypto markets are driven by speculators and individual or retail investors, all of whom are tired of playing by rules established by the big banks and investment firms to ensure the success of those firms and banks to the detriment of the person who just wanted to plunk 3-4 K into the market.

In the past, those investors were doomed to failure because they didn't understand the rules. Now the speculators and retail investors have banded together to begin re-writing the rules. I'm hoping to jump in on the speculation side soon. The "buy and hold" days are fading fast.

Much of the stock market and crypto markets are driven by speculators and individual or retail investors, all of whom are tired of playing by rules established by the big banks and investment firms to ensure the success of those firms and banks to the detriment of the person who just wanted to plunk 3-4 K into the market.

In the past, those investors were doomed to failure because they didn't understand the rules. Now the speculators and retail investors have banded together to begin re-writing the rules. I'm hoping to jump in on the speculation side soon. The "buy and hold" days are fading fast.
My question is: where is all this money coming from that is driving prices up? It feels like people are overleveraging themselves in some way and the bubble is going to burst at some point. This market can't be sustainable.

My question is: where is all this money coming from that is driving prices up? It feels like people are overleveraging themselves in some way and the bubble is going to burst at some point. This market can't be sustainable.
Wealthy people who never took a hit, or who live in expensive areas, or locked down areas, wanting to move, or buy a second, third, 20th home. Cash buyers, investment buyers, investment companies.

That and a complete lack of starter homes being built. All luxury units, or "starting in the 400's" (and it means $495k, minimum).

edit: p.s. for some reason I thought this was the home buying thread, but it's the same idea. Wealthy people are still wealthy and haven't taken a hit.

Also, you have other people probably throwing in their various stimulus checks into the market. But, I'm betting it's big money that's playing around mostly. 100k people investing 10k each is still just the same as one wealthy guy investing 1 Million.

there has been a lot of money on the sidelines, and with the tax cuts of 2017, they have more to play with and throw in.

Also, personally, I think crypto is being used for big time money laundering. I expect us to find out down the road a lot of it is drug/crime related money.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom