The Investment Thread (12 Viewers)

Wealthy people who never took a hit, or who live in expensive areas, or locked down areas, wanting to move, or buy a second, third, 20th home. Cash buyers, investment buyers, investment companies.

That and a complete lack of starter homes being built. All luxury units, or "starting in the 400's" (and it means $495k, minimum).

We are currently trying to buy on the FL panhandle. We've been outbid on 4 homes and I'm pretty sure a couple were cash buyers trying to get away from NY.

We are currently trying to buy on the FL panhandle. We've been outbid on 4 homes and I'm pretty sure a couple were cash buyers trying to get away from NY.
I don't want to "like" this comment, but it's true and helpful. ;)

Also, personally, I think crypto is being used for big time money laundering. I expect us to find out down the road a lot of it is drug/crime related money.
How? You need a bank account to convert fiat to/from crypto, right? Are drug lords building crypto mining farms using dirty cash?

How? You need a bank account to convert fiat to/from crypto, right? Are drug lords building crypto mining farms using dirty cash?

I think less direct now, since some were caught doing this.

This is right around where I live in Kitchener Ontario. Home prices selling for 100K over asking if the norm here now.

Attachments

• F01F98A1-50C2-4C8E-A7B4-627FD37C91D8.jpeg
    F01F98A1-50C2-4C8E-A7B4-627FD37C91D8.jpeg
    904.8 KB · Views: 7
Well, he likes the stock.
Part of me thinks the HFs will throw the towel in soon. It seems in the old rules the risk of a margin call would happen near $400 a share (which could explain the flash crash that orchestrated several weeks ago when it got to $350).

A recent DD suggests around $212 would be getting dangerously close. Upcoming potential catalysts:

DFV’s quadruple down Friday after hours

New CEO (Ryan Cohen?)

Dividend announcement (GameStop paying off all their debt last week would allow this to happen).

Merger or an acquisition (Again the debt pay off would now allow it)

Entering the crypto market

Share recall

This is right around where I live in Kitchener Ontario. Home prices selling for 100K over asking if the norm here now.
Small world, I grew up in Waterloo :)

I knew Toronto had a crazy market, didn't picture KW to be that hot though

Much of the stock market and crypto markets are driven by speculators and individual or retail investors, all of whom are tired of playing by rules established by the big banks and investment firms to ensure the success of those firms and banks to the detriment of the person who just wanted to plunk 3-4 K into the market.

In the past, those investors were doomed to failure because they didn't understand the rules. Now the speculators and retail investors have banded together to begin re-writing the rules. I'm hoping to jump in on the speculation side soon. The "buy and hold" days are fading fast.

A sucker born every minute. While there have been flukes in the market don't expect it to continue. Things are destined to unravel quickly and someone will be left holding the bag and I would not bet against the institutional investor. Fundamentals matter and will come around and probably wi be sooner than later.

A sucker born every minute. While there have been flukes in the market don't expect it to continue. Things are destined to unravel quickly and someone will be left holding the bag and I would not bet against the institutional investor. Fundamentals matter and will come around and probably wi be sooner than later.
I think things will unravel very quickly. Too many things are happening all around us. Archegos Capital going belly up. JP Morgan and Bank of America sold almost 28 billion in bonds this past week.

The US prints money. HFs and Money Makers printing shares. The system is juiced to do something crazy. Volatile timing approaching very soon.

Yesterday JP Morgan opened 3 additional netting accounts.

Attachments

• E5BBB440-FB31-482F-B307-F0B42FD518B7.jpeg
    E5BBB440-FB31-482F-B307-F0B42FD518B7.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 21

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom