The Investment Thread (6 Viewers)

14F7168B-4867-4952-ADF6-A58EC0E729E3.jpeg
250,000 shares of GME shorted right after 10:45 am. Citadel is losing their mind.

FYI, with Citadel their number 1 long position is Facebook. When the hen comes home to roast they might needs those assets.

Roasted hen works. I'll allow it.

I gave up on Binance.. i opened an account with them last year, then tried several times to get approval to buy crypto, but they make it extremely complicated.. They make you upload utility bills and all sorts of stuff.. Everything i tried, they would tell me that the bill was too old (it was from the prior month) or there was some other arcane issue.. the most recent problem i had is that they ask you to upload a copy of your driver license , but since my home address has changed since i got my DL renewed a couple yrs ago, they wont accept it.. i am not about to go and get a new DL just to trade on Binance.. i appreciate them being concerned with security, but they are simply over-the-top.. i will stick with Coinbase.
Well it wasn't on coinbase at the time. (is it now?) I'd really just like to get my cash out of binance and forget it altogether.

Well it wasn't on coinbase at the time. (is it now?) I'd really just like to get my cash out of binance and forget it altogether.
XSD is not on Coinbase or Coinbase Pro, it is listed on Crypto though but I don't think they have a wallet.

The maximum downfall of any option is losing the price of the position.

The premise of the play would be that you think there's a reasonable chance that AMC is a >$40 stock in January 2023. It's never been a $40 stock and was hovering around $15 between 2017 and 2019. I don't know AMC's specific fundamentals but I understand the company to have large debt (though good management would be using this gift of short squeeze price action to restructure its debt) and in a sector with huge question marks about American consumer behavior post-pandemic.

With the thought in mind that there are 450 million shares in the float, there are currently over 100 million shares shorted, which is an absurd amount for a stock float of that size, maybe even unprecedented. Further, there was millions upon millions of shares worth of naked shorting going on between late January and today; and it is believed there are at LEAST 100 million synthetic/borrowed shares in the hands of retail investors, and that may be a severe underestimate.

This would be a "I have strong reason to believe this may squeeze very soon" play, rather than a pure fundamentals play. There are a ton of upcoming catalysts coming up over the next 3 weeks that could spark it, including an AMC shareholder meeting tomorrow, Thursday's earnings call (which was bumped up to Thursday instead of next month), as well as new DTCC regulations that appears aimed at initiating these very squeezes involving GME and AMC.

I wasnt suggesting that the crypto you were trying to buy was listed on Coinbase, my point is that, at least for me, Binance is too Byzantine to navigate and access, so i‘m sticking with Coinbase.. Indeed, there were some crypto on Binance i wanted to purchase (that wasnt available on Coinbase), which is why i tried so many times For so many months to try and get “approval”- but simply gave up, so i might miss out if those particular crypto happen to blow up.

and it is believed there are at LEAST 100 million synthetic/borrowed shares in the hands of retail investors, and that may be a severe underestimate.
This is the scene in the big short when Mark Baum sits down with his bank manager and asks how much the bank is truly exposed right now. And he just can’t comprehend how it was possible.

I bet the 100 million fake AMC shares is the absolute minimum. I bet it could be 2-3 times higher.

This is the scene in the big short when Mark Baum sits down with his bank manager and asks how much the bank is truly exposed right now. And he just can’t comprehend how it was possible.

I bet the 100 million fake AMC shares is the absolute minimum. I bet it could be 2-3 times higher.

Agreed. I just didn't want to sound like a crazy person on my post. There's a chance it is as high as the float itself or exceeds it.

I think so. I can't get access to my binance account. And I can't transition to binance.us because it's also banned in Louisiana. My next step is to set up a vpn and give it a go.
I can still access binance via the app with no vpn. However, I've not executed any actions on the acct other than to move stuff back to a US based acct for those I can find supported.

Today could be a blood bath for meme stocks. There are 750K shares available to short GME. Likely the same for AMC.

Today could be a blood bath for meme stocks. There are 750K shares available to short GME. Likely the same for AMC.

Dip before rip?

Seems like the whole market is tanking today, again. And the last few times we have seen AMC and GME run, Doge went on a nice run. Bitcoin also generally takes a dump.

Dip before rip?

Seems like the whole market is tanking today, again. And the last few times we have seen AMC and GME run, Doge went on a nice run. Bitcoin also generally takes a dump.
Getting a nice small return on Doge right now, only green item I have today, Im wondering if the return trends upward for the SNL Elon Musk hosting gig and perhaps a parody on DOGE shoots it up even higher.

Getting a nice small return on Doge right now, only green item I have today, Im wondering if the return trends upward for the SNL Elon Musk hosting gig and perhaps a parody on DOGE shoots it up even higher.
Speaking of Doge. It’s starting to consolidate a wee bit around 0.55 to 0.56. I wonder if it zooms again.

All my disposable money is tied to yolo plays. But $COIN is starting to look pretty tasty.

Having just signed up for a Coinbase account I can see how they can generate a ton of revenue through fees.

AMC rescheduled their share holder meeting. Was supposed to be today. If you own AMC please get your proxy number from your brokerage and register your shares. Same with GME. Every share (vote) counts.

This can help showcase naked shorting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom