The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

I wasn't talking about that - or anything that is directly related to the mechanics of the hedge funds' short positions. I was referring to this broader underlying suggestion that much of the broader market is connected in a dark, secret way to what is going on with the hedge short positions in the meme stocks. I also didn't say there was no truth to those ideas, I said I didn't know . . . only that it has a distinct vibe about it.

That's exactly what I was saying...a lot of it IS connected.

No, I don't care. Make your money. my only play account is an IRA and it's a challenge to make moves quick enough to catch pricing changes within a day, let alone even a couple days. I'm poking fun at those that are just following along and have no clue what they're doing. I don't count you in that group.

But, overall, to think that this is sound investing strategy or that this won't come crashing down at some point is just foolhardy.

There is so much BS being pushed that sounds like insider info, it's just nuts. Every few years there is some sort of technical feeding frenzy that has absolutely nothing to do with an underlying business. This isn't getting in on AMZN back in the day at a low price seeing future growth, or getting lucky. This is sort of market manipulation to me, but to be fair, I'm not paying that much attention.

Why do you talk about this as if it is just a bunch of kids feeding into a stock they know nothing about? This is a technical play based off of sound data, taking advantage of a group of hedge fund that used an immense amount of margin capital to intentionally try to drive fine American companies out of business for their own already-inflated pockets. Sure, there are indeed blind followers, but I don't get the vibe that they make up the majority. The media tries to portray it that way though, including its insistence on calling them "meme stocks" instead of what they truly are.

Of COURSE they will come crashing down at some point; everyone knows that. That's why you must have a sound exit strategy and consistently find ways to skim when you can.

It is a sound investment strategy if you actually did the homework on them. Obviously, at this price range, I would not recommend it. But back when I bought in, in the $7 range, I thought it was a sound, calculated move with limited downside and incredible upside; it was risky, but it was a risk worth taking for me personally, knowing I have backup to make up for the loss later if need-be.

The types that buy into certain conspiracies.... I was going off of Chuck's Q commentary.

Also, let's be a bit honest here. This has turned into something well beyond a simple gamble. This has a life of it's own. Apes? I mean, it's not a little funny/silly?
Does sound silly but I think its part of that generations culture, perhaps? They formed a club, called themselves Apes to stick together and hold to convince that club of brothers/sisters and the countless others playing a hand to band together with a catch phrase. At least that's my perception of watching this thing play out.

I hope to your point though, some of these people arent betting a remortgage or retirement if they didnt do their DD.

Institutions have operated this way and made decisions based on similar intel for years, but when retail does it, it's "Oh those damn meddling kids and their silly meme stocks are ruining the market!"

Does sound silly but I think its part of that generations culture, perhaps? They formed a club, called themselves Apes to stick together and hold to convince that club of brothers/sisters and the countless others playing a hand to band together with a catch phrase. At least that's my perception of watching this thing play out.

I hope to your point though, some of these people arent betting a remortgage or retirement if they didnt do their DD.

Correct. If you threw a few bucks in just to see if you can get lucky, fine. But if you're heavy leveraged without doing some OBSESSIVE DD, which I did continuously for months both before and during this run, then you're not a smart individual.

If a comment isn't directed at any of you, why are you volunteering to be somewhat offended?

If a comment isn't directed at any of you, why are you volunteering to be somewhat offended?

It's a discussion board. Didn't realize if a person doesn't comment directly to you but about something you're passionate about, you offering commentary about the subject matter was off limits. My mistake.

$300.00 right on the button. That was a last second whale to give DFV the birthday he deserves. Shareholders meeting and quarterly results tomorrow.

$300.00 right on the button. That was a last second whale to give DFV the birthday he deserves. Shareholders meeting and quarterly results tomorrow.
Nice! AMC finishes in the green, "Simulate and Trade" analysis gets the $300 finish on GME but his hope on the $56 for AMC fell short.

Nice! AMC finishes in the green, "Simulate and Trade" analysis gets the $300 finish on GME but his hope on the $56 for AMC fell short.

What is the Simulate and Trade analysis? I think I missed that one.

What is the Simulate and Trade analysis? I think I missed that one.
Thats the YouTube video I posted in regards to his analysis on the Bio stock shooting up while following the same graph path as GME and AMC. Yesterday he projected for today GME @ $300 and AMC @ $56.

Reddit Retail Investors = New School Baseball - Swinging 3-0 and Bat Flipping.

Traditional Investors = Old School Baseball - Better follow the unwritten rules.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom