The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

Reddit Retail Investors = New School Baseball - Swinging 3-0 and Bat Flipping.

Traditional Investors = Old School Baseball - Better follow the unwritten rules.

If there's any indication, the new school baseballers are walking off the old school baseballers.

It's a discussion board. Didn't realize if a person doesn't comment directly to you but about something you're passionate about, you offering commentary about the subject matter was off limits. My mistake.
That's not what I said.

Also, let's be a bit honest here. This has turned into something well beyond a simple gamble. This has a life of it's own. Apes? I mean, it's not a little funny/silly?
Apes are the new animals on Wall Street. We’ve known of bears, bulls, and even wolves. Apes are what threw the system on its head.

Apes move in groups. A shrewdness of Apes working together. Remember the movie Beautiful Mind, the scene where the main actor sees a hot chick surrounded by other ladies?

He went on to describe how governing dynamics by Adam Smith needs revision.

Adam Smith said “The best result comes from every APE in the group doing what’s best for themselves”

Incomplete. Incomplete.

Because the best result would come from every APE in the group doing what’s best for themselves AND the group.

Governing dynamics.

An excellent example of this were the multitude of APES buying shares at limit prices of exactly 300.00 at close today.

Here is an example from today:

What was best for that particular ape was to buy at the lowest cost possible for him. But that ape knew the best outcome will come from doing what’s best for him AND every other Ape. He benefited from acquiring more shares and shrewd of Apes benefited from potentially being able to exercise calls.

Another aspect of an Ape is their unrelenting grip. They clench those shares with iron clad fists. Now that’s not new. Many people before have held through manipulated dips and end up being bag holders.

But if the perfect situation arises (like it has with several securities right now) with tremendously exposed short positions AND the entire float of shares being owned by Apes....this will happen.

In the case of GME. The apes like the stock. Most of them love gaming. Most of them spend thousands of hours in front of a video game to do one thing. Get the highest score possible. And that’s the mission.

Another dynamic in all this is the underlying unwritten rule. Never take on Reddit. And more importantly never take on Reddit with money on the line. Hedges might actually have to fight to survive this one. And judging by the record high reverse repo today....I do think they are fighting to stay solvent.

Anywho. I just felt like typing my thoughts about a few beers. Just having fun.

Apes are the new animals on Wall Street. We’ve known of bears, bulls, and even wolves. Apes are what threw the system on its head.

Apes move in groups. A shrewdness of Apes working together. Remember the movie Beautiful Mind, the scene where the main actor sees a hot chick surrounded by other ladies?

He went on to describe how governing dynamics by Adam Smith needs revision.

Adam Smith said “The best result comes from every APE in the group doing what’s best for themselves”

Incomplete. Incomplete.

Because the best result would come from every APE in the group doing what’s best for themselves AND the group.

Governing dynamics.

An excellent example of this were the multitude of APES buying shares at limit prices of exactly 300.00 at close today.

Here is an example from today:

What was best for that particular ape was to buy at the lowest cost possible for him. But that ape knew the best outcome will come from doing what’s best for him AND every other Ape. He benefited from acquiring more shares and shrewd of Apes benefited from potentially being able to exercise calls.

Another aspect of an Ape is their unrelenting grip. They clench those shares with iron clad fists. Now that’s not new. Many people before have held through manipulated dips and end up being bag holders.

But if the perfect situation arises (like it has with several securities right now) with tremendously exposed short positions AND the entire float of shares being owned by Apes....this will happen.

In the case of GME. The apes like the stock. Most of them love gaming. Most of them spend thousands of hours in front of a video game to do one thing. Get the highest score possible. And that’s the mission.

Another dynamic in all this is the underlying unwritten rule. Never take on Reddit. And more importantly never take on Reddit with money on the line. Hedges might actually have to fight to survive this one. And judging by the record high reverse repo today....I do think they are fighting to stay solvent.

Anywho. I just felt like typing my thoughts about a few beers. Just having fun.

dh.jpg

Looks like the standard “Thursday” attacks begin.

thank+gif.gif

Has anyone seen these or utilize the following floor tickets for $AMC & $GME? Looks like at least the $AMC ticker data is populated through Ortex.

Has anyone seen these or utilize the following floor tickets for $AMC & $GME? Looks like at least the $AMC ticker data is populated through Ortex.

I’ve seen them. I don’t put a lot of stock in them (not sure if I intended a pun or not).

I’m expecting some red days until sometime late next week for many stonks. Going to hold.

I’ve seen them. I don’t put a lot of stock in them (not sure if I intended a pun or not).

I’m expecting some red days until sometime late next week for many stonks. Going to hold.
Holding here also, seems like a lot of FUD right now creeping into the “ape” threads, tweets, videos, etc., not that they weren’t before but seems to be more of it.

Really surprised we didn't get a decent surge in AH/PM today following yesterday's announcement of the share count.

The total float is supposed to be only 501 million shares, however retail investors in America and Canada alone (which is all they could account for), own 492 million shares.

This does not account for institutional holders (approx. 115m shares), international holders , or insider holders. At a minimal, this thing has at LEAST 150m to 200m synthetic shares out in the market currently that are not being accounted for.

That alone would send the price deep into triple digits once wiped off of the books, and that's without taking into account short covering and FOMO buying on the way up.

Holding here also, seems like a lot of FUD right now creeping into the “ape” threads, tweets, videos, etc., not that they weren’t before but seems to be more of it.
Yep...as well as pump and dump distraction stocks popping up every single day, all under the convenient disguise of "the new Reddit target," which is a media-created fallacy. The latest one being CLOV.

I'm not putting a lot of stock into information like this. No one knows what the true floor is going to be once everything gets rectified. The problem I see in most retail investors' 100K thesis is that they believe that "they," as in the hedge funds and ultimately the DTCC, must absolutely buy our shares regardless of price, but I personally don't buy that theory.

Everything has a ceiling as far as price, and for the price to get to that level, The Citadel will be long gone out of the picture and out of funds, so we'd be tapping into the DTCC's insurance. I firmly believe they'd hold out paying anything at all to shareholders before forking over $100k per share to anyone.

I know I am in a different position in terms of risk assessment than most since I am heavily leveraged on options along with a handful of shares, but I plan to have at least 80% of my positions sold before we even reach $800. I may hold onto 10% or so just in case I am wrong and something crazy does happen, but I just don't see it being allowed. It could literally crash the national economy potentially, maybe even the world economy.

Furthermore, we already see how anxious and finicky some people are getting about this relatively small price drop from the $70 range to the $45 to $55 consolidation range we are currently in after a massive 500% spike; do we really see people holding once we are at say $500, and the dips are $100+ at a time? Or how about if we do happen to get to a crazy number like $5,000....do you think everyone is going to hold when it dips down to $2,000? No chance.

To tell you the truth, I think most of the people with the crazy $100k to $500k "price targets" are young investors that own less than 50 shares, thinking this will be what makes them a millionaire. There may even be some bad actors out there pushing this idea, on both sides, just to leave more investors out there as bag holders when all is said and done.

I have said this before to many people, but for me, I think you go into this with a dollar figure goal in mind that you want to achieve, and just be grateful for anything above that you are able to get. 99% of us are going to leave money on the table and have regrets about where we sold or how we executed our exit strategy, so we just need to condition our minds to just be grateful for what amounts to a crap load of free money based on weeks/months of research and a few mouse clicks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom