The Investment Thread (11 Viewers)

Look like this thing might have legs they pulled a picture before the account was locked and she is wearing Citadel swag.
IMG_3796.jpg

Though I am a bit disappointed with her lack of attention to detail with that finger!

1623355067783.jpeg

Yeah I am guessing she's decided to move on from the job today lol

Dip got too tasty. Bought 1 more GME share.
I cashed out today on a few different shares that I was just playing with that netted me 3 bucks profit the last 6 months. I debated on buying another share of GME or getting more AMC shares. I went with AMC because I could buy more with that cash out, though it was honestly a tough decision.

I cashed out today on a few different shares that I was just playing with that netted me 3 bucks profit the last 6 months. I debated on buying another share of GME or getting more AMC shares. I went with AMC because I could buy more with that cash out, though it was honestly a tough decision.

Back in February, I hypothesized to myself that based on everything I knew, 18 AMC shares would be worth more than 1 GME share in the long run (18 to 1 was the ratio at the moment I made the decision with AMC).

In the fourth months since then, that ratio has already dwindled down to 5 AMC shares to 1 GME share, and even then, I still believe the principle will hold firm at the end of the process.

I'll have to go back and look, but it feels like it has been a long time since we have had a green Friday (hedgies will likely be trying to get those $40 calls OTM tomorrow). So I am expecting one more slight pull back tomorrow into the $37 to $39 range, this next week, things get crazy ahead of the new automatic margin call policy being ratified on 06/21.

I'll have to go back and look, but it feels like it has been a long time since we have had a green Friday (hedgies will likely be trying to get those $40 calls OTM tomorrow). So I am expecting one more slight pull back tomorrow into the $37 to $39 range, this next week, things get crazy ahead of the new automatic margin call policy being ratified on 06/21.
I think GME will increase tomorrow. Flirt with 250, and get pulled down for reasons you said.

I own 45,000 shares of a sub penny stock. Feel like a whale. Even though it’s “only” about $300.

This was sent to me so total speculation. Lots of people in this thread way smarter than me so is it squash it or watch it?

"Did you happen to see the amount of calls bought for June 18th for GME? About 4 million. So 400,000,000 shares pretty much. It also lines up with a huge purchase of spy puts made for June 18th too. 65bn in active puts for that day. There's speculation of insider trading and people know stuff is gonna go south market/economy wise by June 18th."

This was sent to me so total speculation. Lots of people in this thread way smarter than me so is it squash it or watch it?

"Did you happen to see the amount of calls bought for June 18th for GME? About 4 million. So 400,000,000 shares pretty much. It also lines up with a huge purchase of spy puts made for June 18th too. 65bn in active puts for that day. There's speculation of insider trading and people know stuff is gonna go south market/economy wise by June 18th."

Those June 18th $40 call strikes have had over-inflated open interest for a couple of months now. My own personal theory and several other people's is that hedge funds/MMs/institutions in the know have been hoarding them, knowing shorts will have to close a significant amount of short positions prior to June 21st, when SR-NSCC-2021-002 kicks in.

I can remember looking at that all the way back in mid-April and telling a couple of my friends that "Someone may know something about that date." Not only was the open interest high, but the volume in relation to it was extremely low, which told me that these were institutional-level purchases.

A couple of weeks later, I bought a ton of June 18th calls based on that intel for $0.31 each, and literally turned a $4,000 investment into over $350,000 before cashing them out last week to pay off the mortgage and all debt, and get a small handful more January calls.

In hindsight, I wish I had put all my funds into those $0.31 calls, but I was too afraid of the time depreciation factor, and hedged my risk with September and January calls at $0.61 and $0.97 each, respectively.

There is a lot I don’t understand. Another big date is July 16. With 30 million puts on GME down at 0.25 to 50 cents. I don’t know what that means.

There is a lot I don’t understand. Another big date is July 16. With 30 million puts on GME down at 0.25 to 50 cents. I don’t know what that means.

I think those were just speculation purchases from months ago. Lottery plays. They cost $.01 each, so $1.00 per contract, and I am guessing the odds of hitting on that are not much different than winning the lottery, so months ago, they were probably worth the roll of the dice. Worst case scenario, the stock tanks but nowhere near those amounts, but you're able to sell them for $.02 a share, so $2.00 each, for a short time and get 100% return.

It looks silly today obviously.

Once again though, there is incredibly high open interest there with little volume, so that tells me that it is actually banks and institutions that decided that the risk was worth the relatively small gamble at one point, and obviously, they're now stuck with the clearly bad contracts.

Both GME and AMC have turned up together all of a sudden. Interesting.

With how this stock tends to behave on Fridays though, this very well could just be a bull trap, to try to frustrate people and tempt them to take profits before the weekend by raising the price then starting a price drop procedure during power hour.

Just shed one January call to buy ten $70 June 18th calls. Worth the relatively small $2,500 roll of the dice I figure. Lots of tea loves pointing to some craziness set to happen next week.

Just shed one January call to buy ten $70 June 18th calls. Worth the relatively small $2,500 roll of the dice I figure. Lots of tea loves pointing to some craziness set to happen next week.
Sure hope it happens next week, the following Monday I am on a plane for half the day and that gogoair internet sucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom