The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

Just shed one January call to buy ten $70 June 18th calls. Worth the relatively small $2,500 roll of the dice I figure. Lots of tea loves pointing to some craziness set to happen next week.For GME I see June 21 to 28 as a big week. New CEO on the 21st (and probably his first speech)
For GME. Tons of potential catalysts for the week of June 21-28
  • New CEO Jun 21 and likely his first speech
  • Announcement of share offering completed
  • Hint of what GameStop will do with more than 1.5 billion in recently raised capital
  • Big week for T+21 delivers
  • Call options for June 25 and June 28.
    Edit- somehow I messed up your quote.

Sure hope it happens next week, the following Monday I am on a plane for half the day and that gogoair internet sucks.

Not sure how the timing is going to potentially work, but my only worry there is that is the expected date for SR-NSCC-2021-002 to be approved, which very well could trigger immediate margin calls, if approved as expected.

Again though, I don't know if that approval is going to come in the morning or after hours though.

For GME. Tons of potential catalysts for the week of June 21-28
  • New CEO Jun 21 and likely his first speech
  • Announcement of share offering completed
  • Hint of what GameStop will do with more than 1.5 billion in recently raised capital
  • Big week for T+21 delivers
  • Call options for June 25 and June 28.
    Edit- somehow I messed up your quote.

Certainly feels like everything could be coming to a head soon. I already get the sense that the media is starting to lay down the groundwork for the blame game.

And, of course... Jersey plates.

edit: And I don't know if that's really expensive advertising, or if someone made a ton of money and is bragging. My guess is the first.

Last edited:
Nice push by AMC, BB, & AMC to close out the week.

Certainly feels like everything could be coming to a head soon. I already get the sense that the media is starting to lay down the groundwork for the blame game.
3B6DE88F-E86C-4C66-8B36-306B7527CF5F.jpeg

It’s absolutely started. Melvin Capital, who openly published which companies they were trying to bury so other HFs could jump in are the “victim”.

Edit, article says they lost 6 billion since May. SO FAR

3B6DE88F-E86C-4C66-8B36-306B7527CF5F.jpeg

It’s absolutely started. Melvin Capital, who openly published which companies they were trying to bury so other HFs could jump in are the “victim”.

Edit, article says they lost 6 billion since May. SO FAR

That's sick.

So because they got caught in a bad short bet, and some would say a sinister short bet, they're now the victim because people recognized what they were doing and bought the stock?

There are countless situations where institutions have caught each other in bad short bets, but now that it is retail recognizing it and figuring out profit from it, it's a problem.

The only ones they have to blame are themselves and their own risk management protocols, trying to be greedy and take advantage of others' misfortunes while our nation was in the midst of a global pandemic.

I've looked at Fundrise as well, but am also holding off until the marker looks better.

I just invested a significant (for me, anyway) amount in Fundrise.. ive been considering them for over a year and a half, then lately ive seen multiple articles like the one I’m linking below- showing that institutional investors and those with ‘deep pockets’ are outbidding the average person/couple bidding on homes for sale around the US (the article headline is a little misleading since it blames ‘pension funds’ when in fact it’s mostly large investors and REITs).. in some cases, they are buying entire neighborhoods/developments and turning them into rentals.. while i think that this is sh**ty overall for society, i recently sold my home in NOLA and am now renting for the time being.. with the hot sellers’ market now, my prospects for buying are not looking very good, so my thought process is ‘If you cant beat ‘em, then join ‘em’…. Instead of letting the $$ i made from the sale of my house sit and lose value, at least I’ll hopefully derive some profit from what companies like Fundrise are doing, and won’t totally be left out in the cold.

CCA62188-98B7-4D06-9E72-AB2FADBEE9B7.jpeg

I just invested a significant (for me, anyway) amount in Fundrise.. ive been considering them for over a year and a half, then lately ive seen multiple articles like the one I’m linking below- showing that institutional investors and those with ‘deep pockets’ are outbidding the average person/couple bidding on homes for sale around the US (the article headline is a little misleading since it blames ‘pension funds’ when in fact it’s mostly large investors and REITs).. in some cases, they are buying entire neighborhoods/developments and turning them into rentals.. while i think that this is sh**ty overall for society, i recently sold my home in NOLA and am now renting for the time being.. with the hot sellers’ market now, my prospects for buying are not looking very good, so my thought process is ‘If you cant beat ‘em, then join ‘em’…. Instead of letting the $$ i made from the sale of my house sit and lose value, at least I’ll hopefully derive some profit from what companies like Fundrise are doing, and won’t totally be left out in the cold.

CCA62188-98B7-4D06-9E72-AB2FADBEE9B7.jpeg

I’m not a fan of REITs taking over the SFH market. They will turn a nation of owners into renters.

I’m not a fan of REITs taking over the SFH market. They will turn a nation of owners into renters.

Very true.. which is exactly why i said in my post that it’s bad for society.

OTOH, since I sold my home las year and now companies with deep pockets are offering $40k or $50k (or more) over asking price in cash, how can someone like myself with good credit and 20% down compete with that? Right now i think the best alternative is to invest in the companies I’m competing against.. if/when the market takes a downturn (and most agree it will, but no one has a crystal ball to know when)- then it’ll be time to re-assess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom