The Investment Thread (6 Viewers)

Well, now we know what has been the issue. They've literally just stopped delivering on shares. The stock has in effect been artificially diluted by over 40 million shares in the month of June alone.

Attachments

• ort0715.png
    ort0715.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 7
  • E6WbMw0VgAEyYo2.jpg
    E6WbMw0VgAEyYo2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 8
Ah yes. In AMC and GME where retail is the whale, we have massive selling right now. Ok.

None of it makes sense. It's like our orders are being delayed, but only being put through when convenient, AND they aren't delivering on the shares.

This price we are seeing is DEFINITELY artificial. I guarantee you retail owns at least twice the size of this float right now.

None of it makes sense. It's like our orders are being delayed, but only being put through when convenient, AND they aren't delivering on the shares.

This price we are seeing is DEFINITELY artificial. I guarantee you retail owns at least twice the size of this float right now.
I saw the FTDs of GME in June and it’s crazy. More than the January run up. Probably even more crazy in July. Likely same with AMC.

Edit: just saw your earlier post. Same thing.

This has to go parabolic very soon.

Last edited:
I really wish I understood more of this better. LOL.

Any reading recommendations?
A main concept is failure to deliver.

You buy 1 AMC share for $100. The 1 share shows up in your account and your balance lost $100.

However, the market maker or brokerage didn’t actually give you a share yet. According to the rules, they have 35 days to actually deliver that share.

So, the the market maker (Citadel Securities) and hedge fund (Citadel hedge fund) know they need to acquire that share within 35 days.

What do they do? They short the stock to make the share price go down. So hypothetically they short AMC down to $85 dollars. Then they buy the share and actually deliver it to you.

During the process they made $15. And they value of your share is now $85 (because it was shorted).

The concept is they are not immediately delivering you real shares. That’s a Failure To Deliver.

This can happen at an immense scale. Most of the time this shady tactic works in their favor. In other times it can backfire.

How can it backfire? They Failure to Deliver 500,000 shares of AMC at an average share price of $100. However stupid apes keep buying and holding to the extreme.

35 days from now the share price is at $125 and shares have become scarce. They have to now buy 500,000 shares from Apes who don’t want to sell. This causes rapid upward pressure on the stock.

That’s all just one aspect. And there may be several inaccuracies in what I said. My brain is as smooth as a skinless chicken breast.

Strong AH sessions thus far for AMC. Flirting with $40, which is $4 above close.

It appears someone is either covering, or perhaps they're knocking out some of those aforementioned FTDs finally.

BnddkvN.png

I wonder if Citadel lawyers will have him recant this statement tomorrow, with bullet point reasoning why he was wrong with his conclusion.
I worry about Citadel secretly paying some prominent figure and that person declares that a short squeeze is 100% to happen and people should put what they got into it. All to erase the wealth gap.

Then Citadel sues for market manipulation and gets an out somehow.

A main concept is failure to deliver.

You buy 1 AMC share for $100. The 1 share shows up in your account and your balance lost $100.

However, the market maker or brokerage didn’t actually give you a share yet. According to the rules, they have 35 days to actually deliver that share.

So, the the market maker (Citadel Securities) and hedge fund (Citadel hedge fund) know they need to acquire that share within 35 days.

What do they do? They short the stock to make the share price go down. So hypothetically they short AMC down to $85 dollars. Then they buy the share and actually deliver it to you.

During the process they made $15. And they value of your share is now $85 (because it was shorted).

The concept is they are not immediately delivering you real shares. That’s a Failure To Deliver.

This can happen at an immense scale. Most of the time this shady tactic works in their favor. In other times it can backfire.

How can it backfire? They Failure to Deliver 500,000 shares of AMC at an average share price of $100. However stupid apes keep buying and holding to the extreme.

35 days from now the share price is at $125 and shares have become scarce. They have to now buy 500,000 shares from Apes who don’t want to sell. This causes rapid upward pressure on the stock.

That’s all just one aspect. And there may be several inaccuracies in what I said. My brain is as smooth as a skinless chicken breast.

Applies to AMC also, cannot tease because of length but here is the link.

Thanks. I really just need a better overall knowledge of investment terms (whats) and techniques (hows), but this helps.

I worry about Citadel secretly paying some prominent figure and that person declares that a short squeeze is 100% to happen and people should put what they got into it. All to erase the wealth gap.

Then Citadel sues for market manipulation and gets an out somehow.
No doubt they have multiple plans in play and will do anything/everything to avoid paying the piper.

I think this is the point I cash out refi. I’m seeing 30-yr 2.65% for no fees lowering my PI by $150 or $40k cash out for 2.75% for no fees on Bankrate. I refinanced May 2020 dropping my payment by $200 with a 12mo break even.

Lots of success stories with options. But today is why I’m always skittish to get into it.

Lots of success stories with options. But today is why I’m always skittish to get into it.
I keep getting ads for something called the wheel method. Briefly looked at it, but way too complex for my liking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom