The Invisible man (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I read Holders roster projection article this morning, Why does he think Trey Hendrickson sp? will make the roster ahead of big MAQ aka Muhammad Al-Quadin? I havent seen a thing about him all summer

Then you haven't been looking. Hendrickson started the game sunday with the starters and played the entire first quarter with the starters - against first teamers - and played well. Muhammed played against 3rd stringers. I have high hopes for Muhammed, but Hendrickson has looked good in practice and looked very solid against first teamers on Sunday. Hendrickson will be part of our f-man rotation starting against the Vikings.

Then you haven't been looking. Hendrickson started the game sunday with the starters and played the entire first quarter with the starters - against first teamers - and played well. Muhammed played against 3rd stringers. I have high hopes for Muhammed, but Hendrickson has looked good in practice and looked very solid against first teamers on Sunday. Hendrickson will be part of our f-man rotation starting against the Vikings.

What number is he sporting o thought he was still hurt

he played the whole 1st quarter and didnt record a single stat.

he wasnt a liability but he never did anything either so its hard to say.

i wouldnt reach and say he played "well" at DE where we need people making plays.

holder prob has it that way b/c this team under loomis and payton have historically give higher draft picks every opportunity to succeed. the eye test tells me MAQ is better but he is playing against lesser talent.

i would expect MAQ to get more reps earlier in the game and if he keeps making plays he should move up the depth chart.

I have to believe that both Muhammed and Hendrickson will be on the 53 man roster for the Vikings game. Hendrickson because of his draft position and potential and Muhammed because of what he has shown thus far this summer should make this team and be a part of the DL rotation for 2017.

he played the whole 1st quarter and didnt record a single stat.

he wasnt a liability but he never did anything either so its hard to say.

i wouldnt reach and say he played "well" at DE where we need people making plays.

holder prob has it that way b/c this team under loomis and payton have historically give higher draft picks every opportunity to succeed. the eye test tells me MAQ is better but he is playing against lesser talent.

i would expect MAQ to get more reps earlier in the game and if he keeps making plays he should move up the depth chart.

Playing DT can be a very invisible job. It is often like the offensive line; if no one is talking about you, it is usually a good thing. If you are keeping the LBs clean so they can shoot gaps and make TFLs, if you can occupy linemen so blitzers have free runs at the QB... the DT eating a double team won't make headlines for the sack the LB got, but in the film room the DT will get all the credit for creating the opening for the sack.

The Saints LBs feasted on the Chargers... and the DTs are a big part of that.

I think some posters aren't in on the fact that Hendrickson plays snaps at both DE and DT. I don't think I noticed him at DE during the last game so I'm not sure he even played there. But I did see him inside. I'd need to see how he played overall before I'd judge his outing.

I know this, when I saw Muhammed in the game, he very much reminds me of a first/second year Jr. Gallette.

holder prob has it that way b/c this team under loomis and payton have historically give higher draft picks every opportunity to succeed.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/a5viI92PAF89q" width="480" height="331" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-a5viI92PAF89q">via GIPHY</a></p>

No way they expose Mohammed to waivers. Pass rushers are snapped up quick.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/a5viI92PAF89q" width="480" height="331" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-a5viI92PAF89q">via GIPHY</a></p>
This post belongs in the masturbation thread in the BTL

There is absolutely no way that a 3d round draft choice who is high up on the depth chart is not going to make this team. He missed some time with an injury, but is now back. Apparently he is out-performing Mohammed in practice. And he was playing with the 1's. The word is Mohammed is raw, just like the 3d and 4th stringers he's playing against. He is flashing in games which is great, and he may make the roster. But there's no way Hendrickson doesn't make it. And while he didn't have a sack, he had good pressure and did his job allowing the LB's to get the sacks, which appeared to be by design

I think some posters aren't in on the fact that Hendrickson plays snaps at both DE and DT. I don't think I noticed him at DE during the last game so I'm not sure he even played there. But I did see him inside. I'd need to see how he played overall before I'd judge his outing.

Every play I saw of Hendrickson, and I keyed on him, he was at DE. He was very effective at setting the edge and pushing plays inside. His lack of stats means nothing. He had two good pass rushes and he played the edge very well.

he played the whole 1st quarter and didn't record a single stat.

he wasn't a liability but he never did anything either so its hard to say.

i wouldn't reach and say he played "well" at DE where we need people making plays.

the eye test tells me MAQ is better but he is playing against lesser talent.

I don't know what you were watching, but he played very well. I've watched the game 3 times now - keying on him every time - and he had two very good pass rushes and he held the edge and funneled rushers inside very well. You need to look at Hendrickson's play overall and ignore the splashiness of Muhammed's sacks against 3rd teamers.

Wait, is this a reference to "The Man Inside Me" by Tobias Funke?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/DaVcnEu4NOBc4" width="384" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/awkward-arrested-development-pain-DaVcnEu4NOBc4">via </a></p>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom