The Jameis Winston/Taysom Hill Bee Hive (1 Viewer)

Winston will be a free agent at the end of the season, Therefor he will not be on the roster. So the discussion should be who do we sign or trade for not this meaningless Hill/Winston debate. Hill will not be our QB1 next year so its a moot point to discuss. I believe the most reasonable options are Jimmy G, Teddy, and Winston. Honestly whoever signs the most team friendly deal should be the guy. Keep Book as the second and see how he develops and Hill can be emergency QB3
We are all "armchair GM's/QB's/Coaches" and love to believe each of us is right.....lol

I like both guys because of who they are as individuals. They both have gone through adversity and had some growing pains. Taysom needed to develop as a player while Jameis needed to develop as a person and they both have done so. With that being said, by far Jameis gives us the best chance to win and it's sad that there is any type of debating that. Regardless of the debate, I still cheer for both players whenever they are in because I'm a Saints fan.

Last edited:
5 INTs and a passer rating of 45. Ok sure.

What exactly has he done this year to make you feel he’s the answer? Like hard proof, not just man he tricked some guys 4 years ago and he’s the man
He’s not the one. The one, IMO, is not on our roster. But Taysom is a heck of a runner and lots of fun to watch. We’re going to lose with our current collection of backups anyway. May as well watch the awesome between the interceptions.

We need to either for all out to get Russ, or another qb that has potential but needs a QB friendly system (see Drew Brees) or toss out the BPA concept that keeps landing us DEs, and go with the BQBA in the first. If we draft a QB, then we need to bring back Jameis or Teddy.

In fairness, I dont know how good Jameis is in this system. He was 5-2. The offense never really looked like a well oiled machine, but you saw flashes for sure of what could be. I made a post the other day about just how absolutely poor our WRs and TEs have been, so at the end of the day Winston was guiding a ship with giant holes in it from day 1. Winston with a couple of NFL level WRs and a serviceable TE and the offense wouldve looked better for sure. How much is the question.

All of that is a work in progress. The 1 thing I am sure of is that I LOVE watching Hill play, but not as an every snap QB. He brings the heat when he runs. I really want to see him play a season as a regular part of the offense. Playing 60ish%+ snaps on offense in whatever position the play calls for, RB/TE/QB/FB/WR. The guy can have 1 season dedicated to doing joker only, build and train in the offseason to that end - and he can revolutionize the position that isnt a position. Weve never seen him 100% dedicated to that, its always been, he is trying to be a QB and doing this joker thing too. There a legacy in that for him. No one has ever done it the way he has. But not a starting, every down QB - unless theres injuries and we end up needing to play the #3 QB. If Hill is involved in a QB battle next offseason/preseason, it will be because we really botched the position from a FO standpoint. Even if we re-sign Winston, its Winstons job from day 1. There wont be a qb battle between those 2.

Winston will be a free agent at the end of the season, Therefor he will not be on the roster.

Proof? Or just your feelings? I fully expect the Saints to try and bring him back and I think he wants to be here.

Can I be in both beehives?

I like both players and I think both players are excessively, unfairly, and inaccurately criticized on this forum.

Me too...all that garbage about somehow evaluating Hill (and even Book, LMAO) with this current playing roster? Nonsense, impossible....

The SAINTS can't win with either, don't bring up last year...

Don't bring up the only sample size we have? With a roster not full of backup linemen, backup TEs, backup running backs, and backup WRs, I guess you're right. The SAINTS can't win with Hill or Winston; but what you are leaving out is no one on this planet can either.

Can I be in both beehives?

I like both players and I think both players are excessively, unfairly, and inaccurately criticized on this forum.
Yes, join us at the Saints fan table. We might ride the short bus, and enjoy detention, but we are a good crowd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom