The Jameis Winston/Taysom Hill Bee Hive (1 Viewer)

They both shown a lot of growth, but Taysom seems to be right at the his ceiling while Jameis still got plenty of room to grow. I do worry about that knee affecting his greatest strength. The deep pass accuracy.

Which is funny... Because Winston hasn't been a great deep ball passer in the NFL. Which is a sign of his internal growth from him.

He's realistically our best option going forward and there unfortunately not many options to improve that position.

It would be nice if Winston could get more objective analyst instead of these casual filth that people have to stand up too. If aren't forced to defend Winston against gross misinformation and personal grievances.

We can't have a civil conservation about what Winston need to improve of because people that speak out against Winston just want him gone with no better talent to replace it. It's shameful and disgusting. They rather tank than try to win with Winston. Who isn't perfect and had a ton of growing pains. He was atleast growing. Hill and Trevor are kind of what they are.
Yep. I definitely think Winston is the best option realistically, trades and draft, included.

If this team was healthy and Hill had to come in, I think Sean could have protected him and probably still made a strong playoff run.

I never understood bravado worship. Was Hill entertaining? Yes, I enjoyed the offense a lot more. Do I commend him for playing poorly because he's hurt... No. Am I going to trash him? No.Did he lose the game with his TOs. Yes. That's all that needs to be said. Just like Brees in his final game. He got checked by father time and his body lost us that game.

Last edited:
So, 3-1 as a starter last year doesn’t count? That’s convenient.
A more accurate measuring stick would be who he was throwing to/playing with during those 4 starts last season. Thomas (if I'm not mistaken), Sanders, TQS, Jared Cook, and a healthy Kamara. He still struggled against bottom-half defenses and a Broncos team with no QB. Context is key.

If you're going to cherry-pick stats out of nowhere, from last season at that, then at least put them in the correct context. This is a completely different offense. Jamies, love him or hate him, had this team winning and was a defense breakdown away from 6-1 with this exact group of weapons (short even Harris and TQS at one point). Taysom is a below average QB and showed it on Thursday.

A more accurate measuring stick would be who he was throwing to/playing with during those 4 starts last season. Thomas (if I'm not mistaken), Sanders, TQS, Jared Cook, and a healthy Kamara. He still struggled against bottom-half defenses and a Broncos team with no QB. Context is key.

If you're going to cherry-pick stats out of nowhere, from last season at that, then at least put them in the correct context. This is a completely different offense. Jamies, love him or hate him, had this team winning and was a defense breakdown away from 6-1 with this exact group of weapons (short even Harris and TQS at one point). Taysom is a below average QB and showed it on Thursday.
And against - beat a horrible Atlanta team twice and the Broncos with a backup receiver playing quarterback - then Philly beat us up.

There is no better measuring stick than wins and losses. If you want to only include this year and exclude previous starts as a Saint then we can compare after Hill has played another four or five games as starter.

One has a 5-2 record in the middle of being displaced by a hurricane. The other has about a 45 passer rating with 0 wins and 5 ints

I don’t see the argument here
I will take it a step further lol One is your STARTER, the other is a 3rd string QB who plays joker. Did we ever have Brees Daniels discussions like this, most would say no Chase was the backup...

Neither are what we need to take us to the super bowl. It’s silly to keep arguing about it. Winston was a shell of himself in the first few games and the D played out of their butts just like Hills winning streak last year and Teddys the year before. Teddy is who should be leading the team right now and a huge mistake was not going after Jones in the first round before the Pats. He was built for our offense. We need to give Book a shot. If he’s not the guy then that needs to be the priority in the draft.

Neither are what we need to take us to the super bowl. It’s silly to keep arguing about it. Winston was a shell of himself in the first few games and the D played out of their butts just like Hills winning streak last year and Teddys the year before. Teddy is who should be leading the team right now and a huge mistake was not going after Jones in the first round before the Pats. He was built for our offense. We need to give Book a shot. If he’s not the guy then that needs to be the priority in the draft.
Nobody would entertain the Saints trading up for anyone. Can't fault the team for that. Teddy is a game manager at best. He's Siemian with slightly more velocity on his throws, but he's barely got more of an arm than a 40yo Brees. And, just a gentle reminder here, that both Teddy and Taysom had better receivers to throw to than Jameis had. 5-2 with the same receivers as the guys who haven't won a game this season.

Nobody would entertain the Saints trading up for anyone. Can't fault the team for that. Teddy is a game manager at best. He's Siemian with slightly more velocity on his throws, but he's barely got more of an arm than a 40yo Brees. And, just a gentle reminder here, that both Teddy and Taysom had better receivers to throw to than Jameis had. 5-2 with the same receivers as the guys who haven't won a game this season.
Teddy's got a good bit more arm than a 40 year old Brees...Teddy's problem is that he plays it too safe...he's got a high comp% in Denver but folks are on his arse for not pushing it downfield....so far this season when he has, he's been money. But he doesn't do it often enough to hush critics.

TBH he's perfect for what we want some of us want to do here....me personally I'm tired of the short stuff...the 4 yard outs, quick slants and curls...give me the 20-25 yd corner and the 50+ yard bombs hitting receivers in stride. I can live with incompletions on 1st and 2nd with a 15 yard strike on 3rd and 10....that's why JW's lower comp% didn't bother me.

I seriously doubt Winston is here next year. Taysom will be here but I don't think he is the answer. What does that leave us? Trading the house to get Wilson? Not likely. That leaves us with Book...and whatever damaged free agent QB we can get. Won't be pretty next year either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom