The Jimmy Graham of OT's-Menelik Watson (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Menelik Watson Profile - Florida State University Official Athletic Site

"PERSONAL:One of the nation's top junior college offensive tackles, who hails from Manchester, England...big, physical player who is considered to have some of the best feet in the nation for an offensive lineman and the quickness (clocked in the 4.7 range in the 40-yard dash) to be effective against the big, fast defensive ends at the college level...has an explosive first step, a constantly square body and serious downfield speed which projects him to be a solid blocker in both the passing and rushing game...rated a four-star prospect by 247Sports and a three-star offensive lineman by Rivals and Scout.....trained as a basketball player his entire life in England until he played for the CDA Academy in Spain...wasn't introduced to football until arriving in America...actually signed a Division I basketball scholarship with Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. .....selected Florida State over Auburn, Cal, Oklahoma, Oregon and Rutgers"

Could this be the Jimmy Graham of OT's? Sounds very promising. Could be a late round diamond in the rough. I'm hoping we can find the next Willie Roaf in the draft this year. Could this be him?

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Menelik Watson Profile - Florida State University Official Athletic Site

"PERSONAL:One of the nation's top junior college offensive tackles, who hails from Manchester, England...big, physical player who is considered to have some of the best feet in the nation for an offensive lineman and the quickness (clocked in the 4.7 range in the 40-yard dash) to be effective against the big, fast defensive ends at the college level...has an explosive first step, a constantly square body and serious downfield speed which projects him to be a solid blocker in both the passing and rushing game...rated a four-star prospect by 247Sports and a three-star offensive lineman by Rivals and Scout.....trained as a basketball player his entire life in England until he played for the CDA Academy in Spain...wasn't introduced to football until arriving in America...actually signed a Division I basketball scholarship with Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. .....selected Florida State over Auburn, Cal, Oklahoma, Oregon and Rutgers"

Could this be the Jimmy Graham of OT's? Sounds very promising. Could be a late round diamond in the rough. I'm hoping we can find the next Willie Roaf in the draft this year. Could this be him?

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Not sure he'll be a late round find. We might be fortunate if he's still there for us in the 3rd round.

A 6'6 320 lb dude running a 4.7? I would absolutely HATE to be a CB getting blocked downfield by this guy on a screen. *splat*

Looks like he is just now starting at Florida State. I think he is a junior coming from a junior college.

Ive watched him this year. Made strides in a short time in terms of technique, but still has a long way to go. Very impressive mobility for his size,,Also naturally very strong. Project player worth a 2nd round pick imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom