The joys of having Deonte Harris (Appreciation Thread) (1 Viewer)

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
For year the Saints were desperate for a return man who could make magic happen. The searched for years with guys like Marcus Murphy, Tommylee Lewis and even proven vets like Ted Ginn Jr. But they never worked out. But watching Harris is something else. Every time he gets the ball on a kickoff or punt, there's a feeling he could easily bust a big return. I forget who it was this year, maybe the Jags, but they did not have a kicker who could put it through the endzone so they literally said "No Mas" and decided to squib it, guaranteeing us a drive starting at the 30-35 yard line. Even when he gets the ball five yards deep in the endzone, he has that killer instinct and great vision to make that work. If you watch highlights, especially later in the season, you can hear the crowd giddy with anticipation when the ball is on the way. They begin cheering before he even possesses the ball. The kick is special at what he does.

Great find by the scouting department. I also appreciate that catch in the playoff game as a hint of things to come.

I hope we use him in the offense more this season.
He didn't have a single jet sweep last year that didn't go for a decent to big gain - and that's not even touching on him as a receiver. Hopefully he's gotten fully up to speed with the playbook and we see everything he's got this year.

With him as a returner, considering he leads the NCAA all time in basically all return records, I'd think it's safe to say he's got good enough vision not to have to worry about losing a receiver by getting hurt on a kick return or vice versa.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom