The kick return penalty killed us. (1 Viewer)

That confirmed my feelings we would lose. It was foreshadowing. I felt the same way when Pierre got knocked out of the SF game.

Even when you go in thinking they'll lose (like I did), you still look for signs you might've been wrong. Instead, that happened😐

You know what really killed us? Selling our souls for the ‘ship in 09. Feels like we’ve been snakebitten one way or the other, be it choosing the worst time to drop a game in the regular season, untimely injuries, or coming out flat during a playoff game. Ok i’m done
I've always felt 2009 was our Cinderella moment and the other years (in the Brees era) more accurately represent who we were and who we will always be.

We had one magical year. It's like those sayings about a blind squirrel and a broken clock. We got lucky, but we didn't recognize it as luck. We thought we were supposed to be there; that it was deliberate and we could get back again if we tried hard enough.

The Saints did something ONCE and we spent the next 11 years fully expecting them to do it again.

I just realized how Cowboy fans feel. OMG... 2021 is just as evil as the prequel.

Saints should have been up 14-0, not 6-0. That was a bad sign early in the 1st quarter. But Cook's fumble ruined the Saints momentum and gave new life to the Bucs. The only time the Saints laid a glove on Brady was during the post game handshakes.

sorry but no. it was a big play but not why we lost.

we lost because of no offensive ability to sustain drives and score td’s. more specifically we lost because drew is washed up. sounds harsh but it’s true.

sorry but no. it was a big play but not why we lost.

we lost because of no offensive ability to sustain drives and score td’s. more specifically we lost because drew is washed up. sounds harsh but it’s true.
Drew is not washed up. You game plan to your players’ strengths. Payton didn’t do that. He should not have been asking Drew to throw to players that weren’t open (MT) and Cooks with stone hands. He practically abandoned the guys who got him to the game (Calloway, Trautman, and Montgomery) for guys like Hill and Washington. These guys weren’t ready. Hill and Cook dropping passes. Payton was also too pass happy, not trusting the run, and when he did run, too much up the gut. Screen plays with the wrong guys and to unprotected sides.

This 1000000%. It didn't matter what happened up to that point. If we'd gone up 27-13 on that drive we were a 90% lock to win, if not more. And the thing that burns me to my forking core is that when I saw that Cook was the one that caught the pass I immediately remembered the fumble by TB's goal line in the second game as well as another fumble he had since then and thought "I swear to god, Cook, don't fork this up for us!" And before I could even begin to speak any of those words the biscuit was already on the linoleum.
Yes I felt the same as well, I was like get down protect the ... It's out. Poured another whiskey cause I knew it was over.

Re-read my post. I said this play summed up how the night went. We killed ourselves with mistakes. But specifically to the return, being so early, and having a play like that would have helped possibly set a better tone.
Yes, that score would have been a statement. Bucs wouldn't have recovered and we wouldnt have been so desperate to throw the ball downfield. Different game altogether.

The first two drives bought back flashes of the 2018 NFCCG.

It’s like a demon is over us. We start great in the playoffs and yet we still let teams hang with us into eventually beating us. It’s scarring. It’s like this team is just cursed to not get out it’s own way in the playoffs.

Yeah, that penalty could have caused a different outcome. The 5 turnovers didn't help either, and not being able to stop the run usually spells defeat too.

Saints should have been up 14-0, not 6-0. That was a bad sign early in the 1st quarter. But Cook's fumble ruined the Saints momentum and gave new life to the Bucs. The only time the Saints laid a glove on Brady was during the post game handshakes.

This ^^^

That confirmed my feelings we would lose. It was foreshadowing. I felt the same way when Pierre got knocked out of the SF game.

Even when you go in thinking they'll lose (like I did), you still look for signs you might've been wrong. Instead, that happened😐

I didn't go in thinking we were going to lose, but after that was called back, I did get an uneasy feeling about how the game might go from that point on. I guess foreshadowing is a good word to describe it. What people aren't getting from my post is that I am not solely blaming the loss on this one play. I just felt like it sort of set up the theme for the game as a whole. We just couldn't get out of our own way, or otherwise we probably win the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom