The knife used to cut king cake (1 Viewer)

Leave the knife in, or take it out?

• Leave the knife in the bag/box with the king cake

Votes: 44 95.7%
  • Take the knife out of the bag/box housing the king cake

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well sure, if you want everyone fingering each piece of cake trying to avoid getting the baby...
Babys are dangerous and cost money. I have successfully avoided them my entire life. I’m not going to go in to all the extremes I have gone through to keep my streak up.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well sure, if you want everyone fingering each piece of cake trying to avoid getting the baby...
I got a kick out of how these Amazing Race contestants look for the baby. They murdered a lot of King cakes. All you really need to do is flip them and you can usually spot where the baby is.

FLEA

Livin' the dream
Reaction score
Unrelated question: Do you close the overhead cabinet doors once you take an item out?
1 time Marsha! i did that 1 time!!
Huh. In my experience, it's a "man" thing. And I know it's irrational, but when I enter the kitchen and I can tell WHICH cabinets he's been in, my blood boils.
I open a cabinet, I close a cabinet. Otherwise, they tend to get in the way of my head.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
I leave the knife in the container for regular (non King) cakes always. But that's because if I used a clean knofe every time I walked by and got a bite for myself I would run out of clean knives from the drawer. Every day.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
King cake cuts rather easily. Why not just cut the whole thing and slide it back in the bag? It’s an extra 38 sec.
I like the efficiency of this idea, but as a counter-point, if you cut the entire thing into slices, it let air get into the center of the entire cake which I think would cause it to get stale faster.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I like the efficiency of this idea, but as a counter-point, if you cut the entire thing into slices, it let air get into the center of the entire cake which I think would cause it to get stale faster.
Not to mention it also assumes what size of the piece of cake I wanted. I prefer to not have my freedom impinged on by an authoritarian telling me what size piece I should eat.

egautr1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Not to mention it also assumes what size of the piece of cake I wanted. I prefer to not have my freedom impinged on by an authoritarian telling me what size piece I should eat.
HA! ^^^^ This is hilarious.

Don't infringe on my knife storage rights!!! This will not be tolerated. We knife rights people are getting very upset!
We will not let the non-knife people ruin our precious king cakes. Unite knife people! Unite!!! We demand trial by combat!!
ooops, did I go too far???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom