The last 3 pieces to our FA puzzle before we Draft BPA(s) (1 Viewer)

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score

These are the last 3 guys we need to be chasing in FA should we have the cap left to do so... It addresses the last 3 areas on the team we need to sure up, and gets us to a point where we can truly go BPA in the draft.

No idea where we are cap-wise after the latest signings and re-structures / pay cuts....

So... :wright:

Last edited:

These are the last 3 guys we need to be chasing in FA should we have the cap left to do so... It addresses the last 3 areas on the team we need to address, and gets us to a point where we can truly go BPA in the draft.

No idea where we are cap-wise after the latest signings and re-structures / pay cuts....

Lose one Dalton so we have to add two more.

giphy.gif

We need to go ahead and sign Taylor Lewan. He can play LT and mentor Penning while he heals up from his Lis Franc.
To be able to bring in Lewan would be a big coup. It would need to be an affordable contract, don't know what he would be asking. But what a mentor he would be for Penning while he recovers from injury. I really hope we can get him at a decent price.

I wouldn't mind having him... I just don't see that happening with Hurst still under contract and Penning waiting in the wings....
To be able to bring in Lewan would be a big coup. It would need to be an affordable contract, don't know what he would be asking. But what a mentor he would be for Penning while he recovers from injury. I really hope we can get him at a decent price.

Yeah, I don't know if there's a spot for him, but he was released so he would count against our comp picks and he's on record saying he'd like to play for the Saints.

These are the last 3 guys we need to be chasing in FA should we have the cap left to do so... It addresses the last 3 areas on the team we need to sure up, and gets us to a point where we can truly go BPA in the draft.

I would love to pickup Shultz. I watched many Dallas games (living in Dallas and all) and he would be great to pair with Johnson.

Shultz - Taysom and Johnson eat up too much TE $ already.

Risner - DEN’s line was bad last year. I’d rather Peat play out his contract and draft a rookie.

Houston - We get one costly FA contract per year and Carr checked that box this year. Everyone else needs to be 5M or less.

We get one costly FA contract per year and Carr checked that box this year. Everyone else needs to be 5M or less.

Yeah, this is the thing. I think Schultz and Houston (especially) are going to get paid very well this FA period.

I'd be fine with adding OL depth pieces that can start if needed -- finds kind of like what Senio Kelemete was in the mid-2010s.

Back then, the Saints signed Kelemete as a 23-year-old. Current free agents like Dalton Risner and Philly OG Isaac Seumalo are 27-28 and established starters in the league -- they'd be great to have, but probably won't be signed for depth-guy money. LT Taylor Lewan was top-notch 5-6 seasons ago, but he's coming off of 2020 and 2022 knee surgeries and -- turning 32 in July -- was quoted to be considering retirement in February.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom