The Last Man on Earth (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this? I sort of unintentionally caught the second episode a couple weeks ago and went back and watch the pilot – and have been watching it since. I think it's really funny. Great concept and the casting is perfect.

Anyone else watching this? I sort of unintentionally caught the second episode a couple weeks ago and went back and watch the pilot – and have been watching it since. I think it's really funny. Great concept and the casting is perfect.

Awesome, thanks for reminding me! I had meant to watch it and it completely slipped my mind.

You da man!

Yep, great comedy for network TV. Hopefully Fox doesn't ignore the critical acclaim and decent ratings.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix) is another new comedy worth catching.

I feel like that would be my luck.
I'm the last man on earth, finally meet who I think is the last woman on earth, who is super annoying (also a little unattractive).
Finally giving in to her crazy notion of wanting to be married before trying to repopulate, then afterwards, finding another woman who is hot with a great personality. Then to top it off, finally convince them to use both for repopulation, right before getting the first attempt with the other woman, another guy shows up.. Yep, no doubt, that would be my luck..

But, shouldn't there be like, dead bodies everywhere still?

Awesome, thanks for reminding me! I had meant to watch it and it completely slipped my mind.

You da man!

Start from the beginning - the movement of what becomes his struggle in the first few episodes and the new characters they bring is so damn funny.. Kristen Schaal and January Jones couldn't have been better choices for those characters.

I feel like that would be my luck.
I'm the last man on earth, finally meet who I think is the last woman on earth, who is super annoying (also a little unattractive).
Finally giving in to her crazy notion of wanting to be married before trying to repopulate, then afterwards, finding another woman who is hot with a great personality. Then to top it off, finally convince them to use both for repopulation, right before getting the first attempt with the other woman, another guy shows up.. Yep, no doubt, that would be my luck..

But, shouldn't there be like, dead bodies everywhere still?

She's more than a little unattractive and yes SUPER annoying. The fact that after MONTHS of solitude he was ready to commit suicide due to loneliness and within minutes to hours of meeting her, he is ready to go back to solitude. I was laughing my head off.

Then him shooting the fireworks which brought the fat dude in. That was actually the first time watching the show that I was frustrated with him, and blamed him for his resulting problem. She was like, let's skip all of the romance and get down to it and this idiot wants to play a guitar and shoot off fireworks. Still I laughed because at that moment, he became Wile E. Coyote, where NOTHING went his way, which as a kid used to frustrate me but as an adult, it find it utterly hilarious.

She's more than a little unattractive and yes SUPER annoying. The fact that after MONTHS of solitude he was ready to commit suicide due to loneliness and within minutes to hours of meeting her, he is ready to go back to solitude. I was laughing my head off.

Then him shooting the fireworks which brought the fat dude in. That was actually the first time watching the show that I was frustrated with him, and blamed him for his resulting problem. She was like, let's skip all of the romance and get down to it and this idiot wants to play a guitar and shoot off fireworks. Still I laughed because at that moment, he became Wile E. Coyote, where NOTHING went his way, which as a kid used to frustrate me but as an adult, it find it utterly hilarious.

Definitely! And Will Forte just kills it. It's like the total amalgamation of all the loser characters he played on SNL.

Good writing.

There's not much explaining why/how people disappeared. I hope they give us a good explanation at some point.

Yeah, my wife and I really like it. I wonder about it being essentially a one-joke-show and how long they can sustain it (how many SNL skits have there been where the premise was hilarious for 90 seconds but they ruined it as a 5 minute sketch?).

But, we've decided to enjoy it for now and just drop it if/when it jumps the shark.

OMG!! LOLOLOLOL I am sitting here in tears laughing. I was getting annoyed with Phil and the show until this latest fiasco. This is basically a live-action Wile E Coyote where ALL of his plans end in complete disaster.

The second group of people running into the first group on the road. This is just killing me. I can't stop laughing.

Is anyone else still watching this show?

Last night's flashback (to 2020-21) was a welcome return to the strange melancholic anarchy of the pilot. Kristen Wiig's mostly solo performance was exceptional. And the episode also offered some long-awaited back story about how "The Virus" hit humanity, as well as a well-crafted gag about the lineup of luckless Presidents who follow Trump.

I keep watching this show because my DVR keeps taping it, because the initial premise remains disturbingly compelling, and because every so often, in among the dross that clutters almost every episode, there's a really great gag or a particular story line that pulls me back in. Wiig is reportedly signed as a recurring character for the season, and I hope they really will keep her around.

I'm still watching. I enjoyed last nights episode as well. Was funny she opened the door and the dog bolted.

dang.. I didn't realize it came back on. thanks for the heads up. about to hit the DVR now..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom