The Last of Us 2 Announced (2 Viewers)

To be fair, games being "bombed" with unreasonable 0/10 scores is a thing on Metacritic.

Perhaps that's not what's happening here, but the game has only been available to fans for like half a day, is roughly 3 times longer than the first game, and already has over half as many user score votes than Part 1 currently has total. I haven't played the game yet, or read the spoilers, so I can't comment on how good or bad it is. I'm just saying that those scores seem a bit sketchy, so I don't really put much stock in the 3.3 user score at the moment.

For what it's worth, the game has incredibly high critic scores (although I know those deserve a grain of salt for different reasons).

I agree with you completely and watching that score over the next week will give a fairer appraisal...but all the hundreds of 10/10 scores given by critics is what I really doubt more...its obviously either paid for reviews or shilling going on when you see the amount of perfect scores given. No game that I am aware of has ever received so many perfect scores...

I do think the user score may come up a bit over the next few weeks and the critic score will go down once the critics who weren't gifted an early copy to review start weighing in. That's why I'm anxious to see some feedback from you guys.

Last edited:
I agree with you completely and watching that score over the next week with give a fairer appraisal...but all the hundreds of 10/10 scores given by critics is what I really doubt more...its obviously either paid for reviews or shilling going on when you see the amount of perfect scores given. No game that I am aware of has ever received so many perfect scores...

I do think the user score may come up a bit over the next few weeks and the critic score will go down once the critics who weren't gifted an early copy to review start weighing in. That's why I'm anxious to see some feedback from you guys.

I can’t see how to put much into user ratings yet. I’m about five hours in and it just started getting good. It was like that in RDR2 as well for me. It starts slow, the story is teased more than revealed. It’s not open world but I a city you do have a map and it’s not clear where to go to unlock the next part. One cool feature is they will tell you when an area is thoroughly searched and the characters put an x on the map. So you don’t have to guess if you have scavenged well.

there are some Uncharted elements mixed in as well. Sliding embankments, hiding in tall grass.

there are a ton of new characters and I’m sure it will be halfway through the game before they truly grow on you

Dunno if you call them Easter Eggs but there have already been a couple of funny appearances of other Naughty Dog Games. I guess that is per their usual

wow...5 hours in already. If you keep grinding all day you will have half the game done by this evening. Do you play on the most difficult setting?

wow...5 hours in already. If you keep grinding all day you will have half the game done by this evening. Do you play on the most difficult setting?

no. I started at default. I will go back through harder (I don’t even think the very hardest is opened until you finish). I’m playing it pretty slow though. You get large sections at a time to explore. So they can still pace it by only giving you access to so much but there are pretty huge areas of the city. Much larger than the open areas of the first one (the university grounds would pale in conoarission).

I considered playing it harder but I know I’ll play through it more than once this way.

Just checked I am at 4 percent on the progress lmao.

when I say five hours it’s time I’ve sat at it. I looked for actual game progress time and don’t see it.

It’s definitely being review bombed.

I am not sure why they do that. Russians maybe. Anyway, I have never gone by ratings there. I will read through some Amazon reviews sometimes but for a game like this its much more word of mouth. And I would get more recommendations on here (even with low turnout on this forum) than pretty much any place else. But this is a flagship franchise for a console, there is never a shortage of word of mouth on those. Maybe its Bill Gates. Or Illuminati or Hezbollah

I am not sure why they do that. Russians maybe. Anyway, I have never gone by ratings there. I will read through some Amazon reviews sometimes but for a game like this its much more word of mouth. And I would get more recommendations on here (even with low turnout on this forum) than pretty much any place else. But this is a flagship franchise for a console, there is never a shortage of word of mouth on those. Maybe its Bill Gates. Or Illuminati or Hezbollah

it’s neckbeards that get mad when games have women that are anything but eye candy

it’s neckbeards that get mad when games have women that are anything but eye candy

Yep. I thought this might happen (again, I know nothing about the plot or how good the game is) when it was clear that the main playable character was a badass female (and non-sex object) who is also an LGBTQ character.

Whether the game in question is actually good or not, that's usually a recipe for angry score tanking.

Ah. I see. Probably people who many have no intension Of even playing it. I mean if you want to hurt a game you would have to be more subtle. If you made your voice like 15 to 20 percent of the votes it would seam like overall reviews were just not that good. But you see ridiculous scores that just makes you want to find out why.

and I can tell you the real reviews are going to be outstanding. It just keeps getting better and better.

the way people react to this game... they must have really hated Game of Thrones or Walking Dead.

Abby can be called anything but a woman...and leave my beard out of this :hihi: :run:

edit: has anyone made it through the halfway point of game?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom