The Last of Us 2 Announced (1 Viewer)

Nop. A zombie needs to always be un-dead and actually can be killed with no resurrection. Guardians are more like space Jesuses. You can kill them temporarily, but they resurrect and when they have been resurrected they are alive, not un-dead.

Also, there is no indication that thrall were ever living and came back un-dead. They are simply alive and thus are not and never were zombies.
But, I will say this, you don't have to have been dead to be a zombie. Some zomobies are people that die and are re-animated as the un-dead. Other zombies just get a disease that makes them un-dead.

Which is it sir? Never died thus not undead? Or Infected and magically undead?

Then the Hive are zombies. They are infected by worms. Arboristed.

you actually hardly play any games...especially good ones

That would be true except the more accurate statement is that I only play really god games but I buy lots of mediocre games that I never play. For instance, I played the most recent God of War but I bought but did not play The Witcher 3, Mass Effect Andromeda, Assassin's Creed Origins, the DLC for Destiny 2, and the DLC for The Division.

They are infected by worms, which in turn convert their light to move up the hierarchy. Acolytes feed off Thrall, then Knights, etc etc until it reaches the top and that light feeds the Worm Gods so that they can continue to live. Which is almost exactly the same concept as the Zombies Ants(the Infection in TLOU) just with some "religious" mythology thrown in.

They are infected by worms, which in turn convert their light to move up the hierarchy. Acolytes feed off Thrall, then Knights, etc etc until it reaches the top and that light feeds the Worm Gods so that they can continue to live. Which is almost exactly the same concept as the Zombies Ants(the Infection in TLOU) just with some "religious" mythology thrown in.

Okay then the Hive are zombies. One more reason not to play Destiny.

Except there is nothing indicating that they are un-dead and "almost exactly" means not the same at all. They are more like the Trill in Stark Trek. They have a symbiotic relationship with the worms.

Okay then the Hive are zombies. One more reason not to play Destiny.

Except there is nothing indicating that they are un-dead and "almost exactly" means not the same at all. They are more like the Trill in Stark Trek. They have a symbiotic relationship with the worms.

subtle nuances as one might say...

The mushrooms have a symbiotic relationship with the infected.

subtle nuances as one might say...

The mushrooms have a symbiotic relationship with the infected.

Well, in the real world version, the insects become more or less mindless when they are infected (it also happens with mice) and the result of the infection is solely to the benefit of the mushroom/virus which makes it not symbiotic but parasitic. Is that also the case with the infected or is there some benefit to the infected that comes from being infected?

In mice, toxoplasmosis causes cats to lose their fear of cats. There is no advantage in that to the mice. What happens is the cat eats the mouse which allows the toxoplasmosis to incubate in the stomach of the cats and the cycle begins again.

Mice 'can lose innate fear of cats'

Which is exactly what the Worms do to the Hive, just because in their instance they continue to live as hosts for the parasite doesn't change the fact that the worms are controlling them so that the worms can continue to live.

They just threw in some Religious mythology. Much like how religious mythology was created on Earth. Psychedelic experience. All to serve the Mushroom gods.

Yep, I know all about toxoplasmosis as well.

Which is exactly what the Worms do to the Hive, just because in their instance they continue to live as hosts for the parasite doesn't change the fact that the worms are controlling them so that the worms can continue to live.

They just threw in some Religious mythology. Much like how religious mythology was created on Earth. Psychedelic experience. All to serve the Mushroom gods.

Yep, I know all about toxoplasmosis as well.

If the worms were controlling the thrall, wouldn't they sit back and hide instead of charging in?

No because they produce the light energy they need to 'level up' by taking it from whatever they are ripping to sherds. You know, "Brains".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom